Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guy Butters distribution

Lush

Mods' Pet
Well, old Butters just goes from strength to strength. Another great performance in the heart of defence yesterday - coupled with some fantastic passes out of defence, including a great long ball to Harty.

Is it true that he used to take free-kicks at other clubs, although obviously that would mean we'd lose his presence in the box?

(That was a massive slice of humble-pie BTW GB and I've nearly finished eating it)

Beefy

Jul 5, 2003
bed
He scored a few screamers from free kicks at Gillingham.We should let him have a few Roberto Carlos-esqe efforts.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Guy Butters seems to be getting better and fitter as each game goes by. Despite all the p**s taking earlier in the season, in my mind he's now a natural first choice player. Well done Guy...and keep up the good work.

:) :clap: :clap2:

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Sorry. hit the wrong button

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
guy butters is now playing probably as good as sir danny
and if he were to be injured i think we would miss his
heading ability at the back..it seems that every ball in the
air just finds its way to his head...reminds me of fozzie

Froggy

Oct 7, 2003
London
guy butters has excelled himdelf this season but what worries me is if we get promoted this season and rely on him next season only for him to do a 'guy butters' i dunno, lets we can only wait and see...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
he scored a great free-kick for me on cm4 against ipswich only today. i thought to myself 'what the bloody hell is he doing taking it'. then he scored!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I reckon we have saved his career.

There he was, trundling aimlessly around in the reserves, going nowhere, and suddenly he's catapulted into the limelight.

Maybe, just maybe, everything that went on was the kick up the backside he needed?
:clap2:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Our defensive line of hinshlewood butters cullip and mayo is starting to look quite comfortable together and with pethick paying well when required we're not looking too bad at the back.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Hmmmm, Is Dean Blackwell going to get into the team at this rate?

We are looking more and more like Champions as the early season goes on.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Gillingham fans laughed loudly edna. Yes we are definitley having the last laugh. Both he and Hinslewood have made those places their own in the back four.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Exactly. They thought the same of him that we did.

His forthcoming status as PFA Fans player of the month for October will be more than justified however, and will be well worth seeing the presentation at Withdean!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here