Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gutless performance. Oscar is a joke.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
The annoying thing is for me is the time is takes for us to shoot. Lingard has so many opportunities to shoot but he looked for a pass today. Harsh to just blame in fairness as they all do it, but it was especially noticeable with him. It's frustrating, but I wouldn't say gutless.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
It's not about the league position though - it's about the boring and negative style of play. 39 goals in 38 games is pathetic.
We sign Lingard who is a proven goalscorer and then play him as a bloody left winger.

Lingard said in today's programme that he's not a centre forward, and that he likes to play from the centre of midfield or on the wing (I think) I ask you again, if given our situation at the beginning of the season if you'd take our position now considering the shit Poyet left us in and Bridcutt gone?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Tactics are SHIT, full stop, you have to be Stevie Wonder to disagree.

Look I'm as bored as you are with the football we play. I was so sleepy in that first half I actually bought a coffee at half time instead of a beer and I NEVER do that. My point is that Poyet ****ed us over, royally. Oscar didn't win the league in Israel by fluking it. Clear some of the dross, give him a full pre season and let him bring in some of HIS players and then judge him! One thing for sure is that something isn't right in the camp right now...

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I just don't know what to think at the moment. Really questioning whether the job is what Oscar was expecting? To me, it seems like he has MUCH less say in what happens to what GP had. Questions I have been thinking about on way home.

Does he sign or make a decision on players??? For example - Obika, Lita, Andrews, Agustien and Stephens
Tactically - he said attacking football when he joined but we seem to be SOOOO slow getting forward we then have to keep passing back - happening more and more.
I have nothing against him but I cannot see what Nathan Jones offers? Was that appointment his choice???

Would like to know what Oscar has control of before giving him a battering. The set up seems so different compared to when GP was with us, feels like too many fingers in the pie.

I don't know, just disheartened this evening :(

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Tactics are SHIT, full stop, you have to be Stevie Wonder to disagree.

I think it's just been bad luck, but then maybe I'm just...........'Very superstitious, writing's on the wall.'

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Absolute shocker today, players were poor but Oscar has a lot to answer for. Shocking tactics, shocking substitutions. We are going backwards. Today I have joined the Oscar out camp. The bloke hasn't got a scooby. Goodbye Play Offs

Yep agreed - the football we played a year ago has disappeared and the team has gone backwards for me. Wanted OG to do well but something is not right - trouble at mill me thinks....

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I agree, anyone who tells their players to hit a penalty 3m over the bar at 1 nil down is obviously useless. The players aren't converting in front of goal. Thats not oscars fault! You also dont know what goes on behind the scenes re transfwrs. Oscar may well have been told he cant sign another striker as he has two returning from injury shortly. Again, not oscars fault![/QU

Yes all of those things are not OG's fault but cant you see the backward steps the team has taken. Do they practice shooting during the week. He has stamped his personality on the team and I am afraid its dull. Take your hands out of your pocket mate and try to motivate the team?

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Lingard said in today's programme that he's not a centre forward, and that he likes to play from the centre of midfield or on the wing (I think) I ask you again, if given our situation at the beginning of the season if you'd take our position now considering the shit Poyet left us in and Bridcutt gone?

With the players available I would have taken the league position but NOT the peformances, tactics and lack of goals.
As I have already said this is not about the league position.
If Lingard is not a striker why sign him? As I said he scored 6 in 12 at Birmingham as a centre forward and is top scorer for Man Utd reserves - he is wasted on the left wing (especially when Ulloa is crying out for support)

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
The annoying thing is for me is the time is takes for us to shoot. Lingard has so many opportunities to shoot but he looked for a pass today. Harsh to just blame in fairness as they all do it, but it was especially noticeable with him. It's frustrating, but I wouldn't say gutless.

For me lingard was MOM had some good shots and worked the keeper looked like he gave a shite.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Same old same old, the board doesn't want to go up, Barber too much bean counting, lack of ambition (rightly or wrongly) filters down throughout the club. APATHY.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
For me lingard was MOM had some good shots and worked the keeper looked like he gave a shite.

He looked very lightweight though. He was bullied off the ball far too often, and he didn't take players on enough.

Last edited:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I don't agree that the football has been poor this season. Atrocious today and poor against Ipswich but the other home games were good, we were dominant but just unlucky in many. Can't comment on.the away performances but home form had been mainly good for me.

This is me

Sep 15, 2013

I thought he was the worst player for us, in a shite team. Did NOTHING. Never gonna score. Is lightweight & USELESS.
GET RID PLEASE. The guy is a joke!

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
I don't even know where to start with this one!

lol you think the board wants to get promoted? Are we seeing their effort at pushing for promotion? Some amazing players brought in, you can clearly see... ohh wait, you obviously have plenty to say as you don't know where to start.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I refuse to submit to the modern football disease of expecting immediate results.

I realised today that it seems a lot of the fans around me, or the more vocal ones at least, expect us to play the same way that I play pro evo when at my friend's.

I dive in reckless, diving in trying to win the ball (then I yell abuse at the ref for booking me, accuse my friend of having a secret diving button), if I get the ball I sprint (my players are constantly knackered), and the moment I get in his half I shoot.

I always lose.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Absolute shocker today, players were poor but Oscar has a lot to answer for. Shocking tactics, shocking substitutions. We are going backwards. Today I have joined the Oscar out camp. The bloke hasn't got a scooby. Goodbye Play Offs

FIVE weeks ago.
Lolz

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
[MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION] I'm not sure what the point of you bouncing all these threads is for? Can't we just celebrate that we've made the play offs instead of childish points scoring from other Brighton fans? Seems a bit odd.

Lot of people think we've been dull as dishwater this season, yet are delighted we've made the play offs. Can we all, just for today, try and get along?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here