Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gut feeling - RDZ staying or going after this season?

Gut feeling - RDZ staying or going

• Total voters

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I really don't get the Potter hype, a bit of success at a smaller club catapults him into higher echelons .
Proved he is bollox at Chelsea, got his big payday and wont be seen again.
Proved he got lucky with us, but too scared to be burnt again and can now afford not to.
He is average at best, I just woke up, but i woke up to this ages ago.

The unhappy brigade should start their own club if they dont like what Tony is doing. Or invest the sort of money in Albion they expect Tony to invest to keep Roberto happy. It wont be cheap but if you want something you get it you dont just moan about someone else not doing it. Poor manners and poor character
Chill Winstone. I haven't slated Bloom at all, but am only a little worried our model might not suit top managers like RDZ.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Chill Winstone. I haven't slated Bloom at all, but am only a little worried our model might not suit top managers like RDZ.
I would think a "top" manager - i.e a really good one - would love our model. Pretty much left alone, supported during difficult runs, top notch facilities, plenty of investment and a good mix of youth and experience. I'd personally argue that the very best coaches work wonders with what they have (which I think RDZ has generally done) rather than continually asking for more players when the going gets tough.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I kind of hope he's going.

I've rapidly gone from 100%, all in, #TeamRoberto.
To 'enough now' 'thanks for the memories'.

I can't quite put my finger on why I've had such an out of character turn around, but I'm kind of done with Roberto now.
I’m in a similar kind of boat to Stat. Something isn’t sitting right and I sense the players feel it as well. I’m not going to pin Lewis’s performance against Belgium on RDZ, but a lack of conviction in our play seems to have permeated the squad.

Still, we’ve got a fresh start now and time to make it another great season. Let’s go out and win every game!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’m in a similar kind of boat to Stat. Something isn’t sitting right and I sense the players feel it as well. I’m not going to pin Lewis’s performance against Belgium on RDZ, but a lack of conviction in our play seems to have permeated the squad.

Still, we’ve got a fresh start now and time to make it another great season. Let’s go out and win every game!
Most players have gone backwards this season individually. Maybe he’s to intense which also explains why his spells at clubs are so short

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
A quick look through X posts would suggest that the majority of Liverpool fans do not want RDZ and if they can’t get Alonso want Amorim all day long over RDZ

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
I think Bloom would re-employ Potter if he thought he was the best available. Fans may grumble at the beginning but would be fine if the results were as good or better than this season. That said, I still don't think isn't good enough to be employed by a top club so isn't going anywhere.
Crikey, I hope we don't. I would have to get used to him sucking through his teeth again. He'd need a bloody thicker skin this time around me thinks.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I would think a "top" manager - i.e a really good one - would love our model. Pretty much left alone, supported during difficult runs, top notch facilities, plenty of investment and a good mix of youth and experience. I'd personally argue that the very best coaches work wonders with what they have (which I think RDZ has generally done) rather than continually asking for more players when the going gets tough.
The’d still leave when someone offers 3/4/5x the salary

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006

If the managers who have won nothing aren’t that keen to stay here why would a “top” manager see us as somewhere he wants to go. Face it, “top” managers expect “big” money signings, they won’t be getting that here. I think it’ll be another “something to prove” manager who’s won nothing who comes in after RDZ. I am fine with that btw

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Or a top manager might think we've sold so much quality; White Bissouma Cucurella Trossard Caicedo Mac Allister, that it's nearly caught up with us, and we've simply struggled to cope with the injury crisis on top.

And yet here we are, sat in 8th despite missing Mitoma and March (35 goals or assists last season), having smashed Palace and Sheffield United twice in the last 10 games while also beating Forest and winning one of our games against Roma, and people are 'done with the manager'.

Bonkers what a few bad results can do. Obviously i hope Bloom can make another genius appointment next up and we can kick on but it's not that easy. Especially as our senior players are getting older and need replacing with some quality, in addition to us filling the obvious weak spots in the squad (right wing, centre mid).

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
100% staying,I doubt he'd want to learn yet another language if he were to be tempted by the Liverpool job.
He'd need a Scouse interpreter to tell his existing English interpreter what had been said.
Press conferences would take ages.

Out of interest, what is Scouse for tactical disposition?

Exilegull

Mar 14, 2024
Top managers go to top teams same as ever. Klopp wont come to us. If RDZ is the top manager you think he is then you are correct he will leave us. But cant think of many top managers repeatedly blaming the owner and board for losses because in a big club you get sacked if you do the finger pointing game. City squad is smaller than ours but you dont see Guardiola after a loss talking about the lack of like for like replacements for Gundogan or the fact they only have two strikers. No after each of their three losses this season he blamed his own decisions and game plan and said he needs to find ways to do it better. That my friend is a top manager

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I am still stunned how many people on here are happy if he leaves because we don't win every game. Many of the same people that were content with Potter taking us to 16th with a better side than we have now. All very strange.
Can you please clarify the highlighted part - examples of this take would be perfect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here