Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gut feeling - RDZ staying or going after this season?

Gut feeling - RDZ staying or going

• Total voters

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
There is a report in todays Metro saying Bayern have been in touch with RDZ with a view to him being Tuchels replacement. TBH that would be a really good move for him imo. Top squad, relatively easy league, underperforming side, and Champs league football.
I saw a story this morning that it was Bayer Leverkusen, not Bayern Munich who wanted him, following Alonso's pending departure. Cant remember if the source was Metro or one of the other rags...

It's almost as if they make this shit up and then hope that one of the stories turns out to be true so that they can say: "SEE? Told you so!"

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If he went to Bayern, do you think he'd take Pascal Groß with him?
The state of this place means I have to say...

... I hope so. 😂

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I saw a story this morning that it was Bayer Leverkusen, not Bayern Munich who wanted him, following Alonso's pending departure. Cant remember if the source was Metro or one of the other rags...

It's almost as if they make this shit up and then hope that one of the stories turns out to be true so that they can say: "SEE? Told you so!"
Bild alludes Bayern (+ Liverpool or Barca potential)

Google translate is your friend

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I have a tiny gut feeling that Potter and his cronies might find their way back, wouldn’t even surprise me if contact has already been made 😳

Don’t shoot me down for this, just a tiny guy feeling that’s all.
This is just not going to happen at all.

The club have hit gold under RDZ in terms of global interest by playing attacking, high-risk football. Potter does not play high-risk football - we didn't score above 42 goals in a season under him and whilst the football was pretty, the club aren't going to go from a manager who averages about 1.85 goals per game, to one who averaged 1.06 goals per game and expect the same level of media and fan interest, and expect to maintain a European place and be in vogue.

If RDZ goes (I personally don't think he will this summer) then the club will be in a position where the next appointment can, and will, be more ambitious than De Zerbi's was. We have been elevated from a team in transition from relegation battlers to Premier League regulars, to a team who are moving from Premier League regulars to a top 8 side in the best league in the world. Potter is below our current needs and wants.

Exilegull

Mar 14, 2024
Bayern would be great for him very easy job which is clearly what hes looking for. Much better for him than Liverpool or Barca where he wont get every player he wants

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This is just not going to happen at all.

The club have hit gold under RDZ in terms of global interest by playing attacking, high-risk football. Potter does not play high-risk football - we didn't score above 42 goals in a season under him and whilst the football was pretty, the club aren't going to go from a manager who averages about 1.85 goals per game, to one who averaged 1.06 goals per game and expect the same level of media and fan interest, and expect to maintain a European place and be in vogue.

If RDZ goes (I personally don't think he will this summer) then the club will be in a position where the next appointment can, and will, be more ambitious than De Zerbi's was. We have been elevated from a team in transition from relegation battlers to Premier League regulars, to a team who are moving from Premier League regulars to a top 8 side in the best league in the world. Potter is below our current needs and wants.

Don't feed the troll :lolol:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I have a tiny gut feeling that Potter and his cronies might find their way back, wouldn’t even surprise me if contact has already been made 😳

Don’t shoot me down for this, just a tiny gut feeling that’s all.
That’s hilarious… “wouldn’t surprise me…” well, it’d surprise me!

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021

Don’t shoot me down for this, just a tiny gut feeling that’s all.
I would bet my mortgage that Bloom wouldn't take Potter back.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bayern would be great for him very easy job which is clearly what hes looking for.
I wouldn’t say there’s anything clear in that sentence at all personally. We don’t even know if he’s looking at other jobs do we…? 🤷🏻‍♂️

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I wouldn’t say there’s anything clear in that sentence at all personally. We don’t even know if he’s looking at other jobs do we…? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yet he’s apparently spoken with Bayern……

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm

Exilegull

Mar 14, 2024
Charming, i have a tiny gut feeling and now i’m a troll, disappointed
Dont see it as trolling frankly I think Tony could be very tempted. Potter know the basics of our club has done well for us in the past and lives in the area and even if many feel Potter didnt do a great job or let the club down when leaving there is every chance Tony dont see it the same way. General fan opinion and what Tony thinks is not always the same thing as we saw in the last transfer window. Think and hope we will go foreign again but if the ideal candidate cant be signed then better Potter than 90% of the names thrown around. Cant see any other reason than fan opinion why Tony would pick Rosenior or Lallana or Ipswich manager instead of Potter

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Dont see it as trolling frankly I think Tony could be very tempted. Potter know the basics of our club has done well for us in the past and lives in the area and even if many feel Potter didnt do a great job or let the club down when leaving there is every chance Tony dont see it the same way. General fan opinion and what Tony thinks is not always the same thing as we saw in the last transfer window. Think and hope we will go foreign again but if the ideal candidate cant be signed then better Potter than 90% of the names thrown around. Cant see any other reason than fan opinion why Tony would pick Rosenior or Lallana or Ipswich manager instead of Potter
I don’t believe in going back nor would i personally want him back but as said i have a tiny gut feeling that every day, week and month leading to to the close season that he isn’t working there maybe a reason 🤔

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I really think he might stay for another season. Feels like he has unfinished business and that Roma away game won't have helped his stock that much. Not sure he is quite ready for a big big club move.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That’s hilarious… “wouldn’t surprise me…” well, it’d surprise me!
I'd be very surprised too - but in all honesty we could do a lot worse. For all the vitriol aimed at Potter due to the manner of his parting, and the constant mentioning of the barren spell, the truth is that he had eventually got things very right indeed, and the team that he handed over to RDZ was absolutely buzzing, and already heading for the top ten again, where RDZ took it.
At the end of the day though it's so unlikely it ain't worth arguing over - so I won't be bothering!

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I don’t believe in going back nor would i personally want him back but as said i have a tiny gut feeling that every day, week and month leading to to the close season that he isn’t working there maybe a reason 🤔
If RDZ does stay I really hope he stops the constant whinging, it’s wearing and very different from the Roberto who arrived here :smile:

Edit, it appears I have quoted the wrong person, apologies!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here