Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I know I am going to look stupid.But what is T.S?

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Ah Yes Talk Sport

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Gus will be on a transexual at 10.20? Outrageous talk

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Was hoping to get that in before any one replied, thanks Scouse. Remembered when it was to late lol.

:shootself

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
This club needs to be in the Premier League in the next 2-3 years!!

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
GOD is the only word i can use for him....Thats it i'm packed up ready to leave for the camp site for the most exciting day in a very long time tomorrow

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Verbatim?

I think so - it is what I heard, but I may well have been wrong. I used to take minutes of meetings in a previous job and I was pretty rubbish at it!! Someone will have to listen again to check.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I don't think it was meant as a threat, it was more a reflection of his ambition as our manager.

That sort of statement could mean anything - if we're not in the premiership by 2014 then Gus will be off - or perhaps he meant it for financial reasons? We can't afford to be paying players like CMS if we are only Championship. Or perhaps I'm reading a bit much into it!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I think so - it is what I heard, but I may well have been wrong. I used to take minutes of meetings in a previous job and I was pretty rubbish at it!! Someone will have to listen again to check.

Well I'm just going to pretend that's exactly what he said!! I'm so excited now lol

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not listening myself but if those are his exact words then I'm more than a little worried!
I'm sure he didn't mean that we'll be broke if we don't get there (prepare for a load of pikeys to quote it as if this is one big gamble), but if you think of the plans to extend the stadium to 30k, you can see he has a bit of a point. While I don't think we need to be there, I do think we need to be challenging (ie, winning more games than we're losing) to be able to keep the fans excited and get bums on seats.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Was not about finance or Gus leaving. He said that he would love to be in the Premier League with Brighton, but if it takes a while then so be it. He said as long as we are playing his way, and the results are good, then he will stay. But in my opinion, his overwhelming message was consolidation in the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here