Gus Poyet trending on Twitter

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
I appreciate there is already a thread on Gus s comments on the race row but now he is one of the top 10 most trending subjects on Twitter !

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing
I think the Brighton feedback team are going to have a busy day, @UnitedLatest have just tweeted asking its followers to ask for the termination of Gus Poyets contract due to him being a racist, and then the feedback email adress. Oh and they have 67,000 followers.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I fear for Gus as a bloke..if he tangles himself in the "politically correct" movement which has latched onto the Fashanu campaign, then given life in Brighton ( I notice he lives in Bromley, incidentally) he could be in for a tough time.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I think the Brighton feedback team are going to have a busy day, @UnitedLatest have just tweeted asking its followers to ask for the termination of Gus Poyets contract due to him being a racist, and then the feedback email adress. Oh and they have 67,000 followers.

Gus is not a racist. If they have put it in writing that he is, the club and Gus should sue them for libel. That's f***ing outrageous.

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing
Gus is not a racist. If they have put it in writing that he is, the club and Gus should sue them for libel. That's f***ing outrageous.

I agree with you, but the exact quote is.... 'Please contact Brighton & Hove Albion to ask for the resignation or termination of manager Gus Poyet, the racist. feedback[MENTION=5978]bhafc[/MENTION].co.uk #MUFC'

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Man united can f***ing do one, dalglish backed suarez too does that mean his contract should be terminated?

What a load of shit.

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing
Man united can f***ing do one, dalglish backed suarez too does that mean his contract should be terminated?

What a load of shit.

...of manager Gus Poyet, the racist.

This bit is ridiculous, if they did that about Kenny there would be a uproar

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Can everyone please tweet: @UnitedLatest

@UnitedLatest United Latest
Please contact Brighton & Hove Albion to ask for the resignation or termination of manager Gus Poyet, the racist. feedback[MENTION=5978]bhafc[/MENTION].co.uk #MUFC

Calling Gus a racist is libel and I really hope he takes action. A disgusting comment.

Can everyone please tweet: @UnitedLatest

@UnitedLatest United Latest
Please contact Brighton & Hove Albion to ask for the resignation or termination of manager Gus Poyet, the racist. feedback[MENTION=5978]bhafc[/MENTION].co.uk #MUFC

Calling Gus a racist is libel and I really hope he takes action. A disgusting comment.

In all honesty after his comments in the Guardian and on Talksport he would have little chance of winning a legal battle and if he launched a case and lost, it would mean he would be branded a "racist" forever.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
In all honesty after his comments in the Guardian and on Talksport he would have little chance of winning a legal battle and if he launched a case and lost, it would mean he would be branded a "racist" forever.

Sad but true I fear. Someone at "The Grauniad" has it in for Gus I fear.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

His comments are tantamount to saying the rest of the world perceive racism in a different way to how the English perceive it. Does that make him a racist? A racist only in this country? Or not a racist at all?

His comments are tantamount to saying the rest of the world perceive racism in a different way to how the English perceive it. Does that make him a racist? A racist only in this country? Or not a racist at all?

I was commenting on his ability to successfully win a libel case in light of all his comments and judged against the burden of proof in the courts in this country based upon our laws and precedents.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
So does this all mean we won't need to worry about him being headhunted by another club

Not for this week I expect, although such things tend to be forgotten (I hope for his sake they are)

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
He could always use the 'Blatter defence'

"I was meeesunderstood."

Last edited:

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Gus poyet equals legend. Man United can piss off and do one. Evra gets the hump throws his toys out of the pram all because he was made to look average and then has a whinge up.

A little story below about a very good black friend of mine.

One of my best mates is black and we have Banter with him over it and generally muck about, but once in a game of football he was racially abused by an opponent who said you stupid f***ing W*G, I had no idea what he was going to do but he just walked up to the guy and said Im a f***ing huge W*G and the next time you get the ball you wont want to hold onto it for too long. 15 minutes later the guy picks the ball up in the middle of the park CRACK the hardest but fairest tackle I have ever seen.When the ball went out and the guy was on the deck my mate picked him up shook his hand and said sorry to him for the tackle. The bloke who racially abused him wrote him a letter a couple of days later apologising for the disgusting language he had used and invited him for a drink. He went along and the guy was so apologetic and said it was totally out of character which I have no doubt probably was.

Moral to this really is sometimes things happen if your racially abused its wrong and upsetting but to tun to the authorities over (lets face it words) is not always the best way to face up to things. If Suarez has been racist he deserves to be punished but not like this. Gus is right maybe if Evra had stood up to it like my friend and not been a crybaby then he could have been seen as a bit more of a hero but now looks like the proverbial Crybaby.

Any way GUS we love you and know that you are no Racist.:bhasign:

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
This is the world we live in. Every little thing gets massively blown out of proportion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports