Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet - right or wrong?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Hmmm, important and interesting thread derailed into some shit about Man United.

Well done chaps.

manutd_gone_wild

Nov 18, 2011

yes! good!
keep up with that attitude and surely you'll get another 110 years of winning f*** all

Honours

* Football League
o League One champions 1957–58, 2001–02, 2010–11
o League Two champions 1964–65, 2000–01

* Southern Football League
o Champions 1909–10

* FA Charity Shield
o Winners 1910

* FA Cup
o Runners-up 1983

Attachments

• rooneyPA0904_468x514.jpg
    rooneyPA0904_468x514.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 33

MCK

Nov 18, 2011
I'm aware of that, you're still massively in debt though and operating at unsustainable levels. Same problem Barca has, wages in football at the top level are insane.

That's not true though. United although in debt are very profitable as a business and can support the interest payments required through self generated income and without the help of any sugar daddy.

Wages are insane and ticket prices are steep but we are profitable and totally self funded

toff79

Aug 8, 2011
can i just ask someone to highlight the part of the interview in which gus was racist i cant seem to find it anywhere

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Surely this is all about context. Is anyone seriously believing that Suarez meant the comment as anything but an insult after they had been kicking lumps out of each other two seconds before?

No. But what I am suggesting is that what he said, in his own culture, was maybe not AS offensive. And degree of offence is what this will come down to in the end. I doubt you will ever have seen so many cunning linguists involved in an FA charge.

This thread adequately demonstrates the need for an Away End on NSC.

Some of the bollocks written on here by or new friends from Surrey is astonishing.

Lush

Mods' Pet
"Leave it, leave it, e's not wurf it!"

ANYWAY ...

what will be interesting if Suarez is found NOT GUILTY of making racist comments. Then any other comments Gus made about racism will probably become irrelevant and, rightly or wrongly, he will be applauded for sticking up for his friend.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
As with a lot of "rival" fans, I was following this thread and was pleasantly surprised by the general condemnation of Poyet's comments.

However, I had to sign up to reply to this post. Suarez is a massive cheat. I haven't really seen anyone like him before in England, and that includes Ronaldo. When Liverpool bought him from Ajax, he was serving a 7 match ban in The Netherlands for biting, I repeat, biting, an opponent. He dives all the time, definitely far more than anyone else in the League. He's just generally an odious person. He tried claiming that Swansea's(?) goalkeeper handled the ball outside the area when he was about 2 yards inside the area, that just goes to show what he'll resort to to gain an advantage on the pitch.

He's an exciting footballer to watch, but I definitely wouldn't want him at my club and it probably explains why a bigger club than Liverpool didn't take a punt on him.

again I disagree, and I think a lot of people in England are very happy to tag him as the foreign cheat.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Revzzz

Nov 18, 2011
again I disagree, and I think a lot of people in England are very happy to tag him as the foreign cheat.

How can you disagree with him being a cheat when he was serving a 7 game ban for biting an opponent when Liverpool signed him?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

ANYWAY ...

what will be interesting if Suarez is found NOT GUILTY of making racist comments.

absodutely.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
can i just ask someone to highlight the part of the interview in which gus was racist i cant seem to find it anywhere

No-one is saying Gus has been racist, just that he believes someone who believes they have been abused because of their race (Evra), should just put up with it and any attempt to report it to authority is "crying like a girl"

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

ANYWAY ...

what will be interesting if Suarez is found NOT GUILTY of making racist comments. Then any other comments Gus made about racism will probably become irrelevant and, rightly or wrongly, he will be applauded for sticking up for his friend.

True, nothing wrong with loyalty and I'm sure this story will be covered somewhat differently in Uruguay...still a shame he didn't just stick up for his mate, though, without all the rest (which would have been easy).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here