gus on talk sport now

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Gus thinks we need extra quality players if we go up and specifically around SIX more.

"If you manage the contracts well, I got 10 finishing contracts this year. So you've got players who will do three or four, and bring in six better quality players so that the quality of the team improves because of the new players" - blimey.

Last edited by a moderator:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
"10 contracts coming up, three or four resign and bring in six" - blimey.

Worrying times for quite a few of the squad then. I was shocked he appears to be so open about that tbh, but it does explain why there doesn't appear to be much movement on contracts.

Interesting comments re "challenging" Glenn to be a 20 a year striker to prove he can make the step up...

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Loved it when they asked him about B'muff & SCC and he just said "I just don't care!"
Brilliant.

But he never said "ees complcated"...... very disappointed!

:lol::bhasign:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
hope that means bridcutt,murray,dicker and el-abd.

bring in six?
is he talking just about the albion or football in general?

Following on from some discussion about Stoke, where he says they were better, fitter, stronger than us, he discussed needing more quality as you go up the laegue. He is talking about resigning four of the ten at Brighton whose contracts are up for renewal and then getting in six better quality players. Ruthless!

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
I just fall in love with this guy again and again and again. how exciting is that about new players etc? So what we are saying is that Mr.Blook has potentially sat down with gus and asked who can make the step up - even ones that are playing a pivotal part in our season at the moment - and then replacing those who just will not make the step up.

Which acutally could make the Stoke game one of the most important 'events' or moments of the season to date - he can see where the short-falls are and now the contracts have been delayed as a number of them wont be renewed and that money will be diverted into better and obviously therefore more expensive players.

And he love this city - and he donna care about anyone else other than brighton...........i love you Gus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports