Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus On SSN Re: Wet Sham

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Slight worry...didn't discard out of hand the role, just said not thinking about anything but player recruitment for Brighton at the mo and would discuss any offers with chairman and staff as and when anyone approaches.

Hmm.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Slight worry...didn't discard out of hand the role, just said not thinking about anything but player recruitment for Brighton at the mo and would discuss any offers with chairman and staff as and when anyone approaches.

Hmm.

I think thats more to cover his back re a prem club coming in for him- not going to go to west ham now they're in the same league as us

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Agreed. Just slightly worrying (I don't know about you guys by with us being onto SUCH a good thing with Gus, every intonation, phrase and eyebrow movement has me on edge and nervous!)

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Agreed. Just slightly worrying (I don't know about you guys by with us being onto SUCH a good thing with Gus, every intonation, phrase and eyebrow movement has me on edge and nervous!)

I know, I think it's inevitable that Gus will be off fairly soon especially if we make a good start to next season just hope we can hold onto him for at least another season

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
yep.

If Zaragosa came in tomorrow he would be off. He has already said as much

I'm not so sure Severnside..... Like Mourinho with Portugal job, Its on his aspirational to do list for sure, but right now his kids are in education, his son in England youth set up..... I think Zaragoza is a job a bit further down the road, they are also in the final relegation spot of La Liga at the moment.... so maybe you're right, but I am not sure the timing is quite right for that one yet?

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Now getting a 'top story' tag on SSN.

The press sure like stirring the pot!

In fairness Gus has become a bit of a media darling in the last few weeks (and months).

That's both good and bad for us IMHO.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
I know, I think it's inevitable that Gus will be off fairly soon especially if we make a good start to next season just hope we can hold onto him for at least another season

Hi Sam. I see we have both 'broken the news' on here...beat yer by a minute! :wink:

I reckon he will stay despite my cold sweats! A good start will add interest from others but also aid our hopes of keeping him interested as the project progresses.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The fact that a loser like Steve McClaren has blown them out shows that even Dougie Freedman wouldn't be interested.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Hi Sam. I see we have both 'broken the news' on here...beat yer by a minute! :wink:

I reckon he will stay despite my cold sweats! A good start will add interest from others but also aid our hopes of keeping him interested as the project progresses.

Good points... ps I always get fixtured these days :( :lol:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Why worry about it? Nobody wants him to leave but the chances are he will at some point, but we have attracted decent managers before (Coppell etc) and we are a darn sight more attractive proposition now than we have been since 1983 so why worry, as Gus says "That football"

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Why worry about it? Nobody wants him to leave but the chances are he will at some point, but we have attracted decent managers before (Coppell etc) and we are a darn sight more attractive proposition now than we have been since 1983 so why worry, as Gus says "That football"

True....but I just can't help it.

Memories of Horton, Coppell and Taylor are still fresh in the mind.

I promise to try though! :wink:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
West Ham would have to get someone in unemployed because I can't see them being able to afford compensation, especially when Poyet signed a new deal in the summer.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hughton nailed-on for the Boleyn ground gig I would think though God help him as his first job will be to dismantle the first team squad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here