Gus after Ulloa?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
It's no real shock story, a Premier club sniffing round a good Championship club trying to nick the better players. That's what happens in football unless you are top flight.

If any of those linked to bigger clubs leave fair play to them as they are only chasing a bigger pay packet, my only concern is who comes in and when as time is fast running out in the January window.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
This all revolves around Fletcher, if he leaves then Poyet will look to replace him. This Ulloa story has been doing the rounds for a few weeks now, probably around the time he started to look a bit disinterested on the pitch....£7m for what it's worth.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I have this image of you as JJ Cale type sitting in a rocking chair on the verandah of a ramshackle but quaint wooden house, picking a guitar and chilling out regardless of what is going on.

View attachment 50463

Hmmm. JJ Cale ranks very low on my favourite artists, and alcohol is my preferred form of imbibing. I can get quite feisty too, but save that for the political threads, although I did tell a poster on a B&HA thread a day or two ago that they're incapable of thought.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This all revolves around Fletcher, if he leaves then Poyet will look to replace him. This Ulloa story has been doing the rounds for a few weeks now, probably around the time he started to look a bit disinterested on the pitch....£7m for what it's worth.

Any championship striker who is capable is going to be looked at no matter what club they play for...I'm not so sure I would link this so called 'disinterested' look with newspaper tittle tattle over Ulloa

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I am sorry if I have offended you but can you stop the bullshit please. I clearly didn't dream up what I saw, but it's up to the individual to decide the interpretation and whether Gus said it, or the reporter got the impression of this intention.

If I made it up you would be right to argue, but you and Thunderbolt are just arguing the toss for the sake of having a pop at my post which had no malice in it.

You haven't offended me.

You behaved like this yesterday when you tried to convince yourself that someone's role in the council - written down in black and white - was something completely that you had invented.

You're creating your own reality now. I'm dealing in written word evidence. You're dealing in your own belief system.

Sorry if this offends you back, but if anyone is bullshitting, it's you.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Best manager except for Mullers.

We could debate this one for hours. Possibly Mullers would win if you take into consideration his success in getting promotion. Poyet for transforming a team playing in an athletics stadium about to be relegated and nearly winning promotion..I did not see the promotion winning side under Mullers so will plump for Poyet but respect those who are older than me or luckier than me to have seen Mullers side. I did see the Mullers side circa 86 and would suggest this might taint the overall memory of him?? Maybe a thread starter.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
They are just arguing for the sake of it. My orignal post was remembering a Ulloa story from four months ago and I said "He did say he wanted him when he joined Sunderland"

Maybe if I had said "I remember a story written four months ago that the journalist implied that Gus wanted him" they wouldn't have felt the urge to jump on my back.

Finally.

There is an almighty difference in those two statements. That's not arguing for the sake of it - it's accepting that, in the first instance, you're putting words into Gus' mouth (or at the very least, mis-remembering) and in the second, the journalist is doing it.

Either way, Gus was never quoted as saying that - and that is the KEY point, one you appear to have missed until this post.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
You haven't offended me.

You behaved like this yesterday when you tried to convince yourself that someone's role in the council - written down in black and white - was something completely that you had invented.

You're creating your own reality now. I'm dealing in written word evidence. You're dealing in your own belief system.

Here we go, no wonder why you were so quick with my post today, you still want to thrash it out from yesterday.

Grow up and stop looking for arguments.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Here we go, no wonder why you were so quick with my post today, you still want to thrash it out from yesterday.

Why is it that anyone who tries to point out what a journalist said, and what Poyet said are two different things, has to grow up and stop arguing? There are at least 5 or 6 people on this thread trying to show you the difference.

It was a lesson I learned at a very young age when my Dad told me not to believe all I read in the papers.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Why is it that anyone who tries to point out what a journalist said, and what Poyet said are two different things, has to grow up and stop arguing? There are at least 5 or 6 people on this thread trying to show you the difference.

It was a lesson I learned at a very young age when my Dad told me not to believe all I read in the papers.

this do not believe any of what you read and only half of what you hear
and TRUST only your own feelings

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
You haven't offended me.

Do you argue with everyone? No wonder you're on the radio, you seem to me the kind of person that would love the sound of their own voice too much!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
We could debate this one for hours. Possibly Mullers would win if you take into consideration his success in getting promotion. Poyet for transforming a team playing in an athletics stadium about to be relegated and nearly winning promotion..I did not see the promotion winning side under Mullers so will plump for Poyet but respect those who are older than me or luckier than me to have seen Mullers side. I did see the Mullers side circa 86 and would suggest this might taint the overall memory of him?? Maybe a thread starter.

nobody can really compare as different times
Mullers times were good and might just shade it

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Finally.

There is an almighty difference in those two statements. That's not arguing for the sake of it - it's accepting that, in the first instance, you're putting words into Gus' mouth (or at the very least, mis-remembering) and in the second, the journalist is doing it.

Either way, Gus was never quoted as saying that - and that is the KEY point, one you appear to have missed until this post.

Pipe down you two, hug it out.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Finally.

:yawn:

:yawn:

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

oh christ...i am older than lord bamber! :ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports