Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus after Ulloa?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Like the link from the OP on this thread, I see contention from the writer, but I see no quotes from Gus Poyet.

I am only passing on what I saw last year, I think it came up in other stories, may have even been one in the Argus.

In the story written it said "New manager Poyet is keen to raid his former club Brighton for Scotland defensive midfielder Liam Bridcutt and striker Leonardo Ulloa - two of his most trusted stars."

Is it that unbelievable that he would like to sign Ulloa?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Dear TLO - do calm down. You like dealing it out, but can't take it. Oh, and I didn't say traitor. In fact, I actually pointed out that was too strong. Please read more carefully.

Perfectly calm.

You said 'disloyal', then 'traitor', and stuck by them for a long time. So what is the word you'd use for anyone who dares question the club, or are you sticking by 'disloyal'?

You are in no position to question my loyalties.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Perfectly calm.

You said 'disloyal', then 'traitor', and stuck by them for a long time. So what is the word you'd use for anyone who dares question the club, or are you sticking by 'disloyal'?

do you think he might work for the club in some way
I have asked him this before and the answer was in the negative ..........but who knows

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I am only passing on what I saw last year, I think it came up in other stories, may have even been one in the Argus.

In the story written it said "New manager Poyet is keen to raid his former club Brighton for Scotland defensive midfielder Liam Bridcutt and striker Leonardo Ulloa - two of his most trusted stars."

I would stop digging if I were you

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

You're passing on what you thought you saw - i.e. Gus saying he was going to raid Brighton for two player. In truth, there isn't a quote to confirm that he said that.

The story is perfectly believable. It doesn't follow that it's necessarily true though.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Not a traitor, but you and your fellow Gus fans should try supporting the club rather than Gus (at least occasionally).

Again, I have not made that assertion. All I said was show a little more faith in the club. You are just twisting what I said. You're not the first.

Really? Looks awfully like you're saying people like Thunder Bolt, TLO and I don't or aren't supporting the club.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Perfectly calm.

I'll just say I put a little more faith in the words of Tony and other members of the board than you appear to do. I wouldn't trust Gus further than I could throw him, but you appear to back him up at every turn.

I take your posts as my 'evidence' of your thoughts on the 'club versus Gus' situation. I agree that's all I've got to go on (no 'evidence' apart from that). I know you like evidence, but I really don't know what you are expecting when you call for that; signed legal agreements? Tape recordings of meetings? Phone records?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Really? Looks awfully like you're saying people like Thunder Bolt, TLO and I don't or aren't supporting the club.

Let me clarify. You are clearly all Brighton supporters. But you seem to be blind when it comes to the 'Gus versus club' issue. I choose to believe the club when they say he was sacked for gross misconduct, i.e. that gross misconduct occurred. You/others seem to be questioning whether it was some trumped up charge. To be fair, I know it wasn't. But, even if I didn't, I would still tend to side with the club, rather than Gus. And, before I get accused of it, I accept that Gus was one of our best managers ever (although not as good as Mullery IMHO).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wasn't, I was asked to quote the article because it was implied I made it up :shrug:

You were still trying to say that it was a Gus quote, when in fact, it was from the journalist. Nobody said you had made it up. There is a big difference in an implication and an actual quote.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Let me clarify. You are clearly all Brighton supporters. But you seem to be blind when it comes to the 'Gus versus club' issue. I choose to believe the club when they say he was sacked for gross misconduct, i.e. that gross misconduct occurred. You/others seem to be questioning whether it was some trumped up charge. To be fair, I know it wasn't. But, even if I didn't, I would still tend to side with the club, rather than Gus. And, before I get accused of it, I accept that Gus was one of our best managers ever (although not as good as Mullery IMHO).

Nobody is saying that the club were wrong to sack him.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here