Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus after Ulloa?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
£10million for Bridcutt and Ulloa. Get the deal signed now, but kept under wraps until end of window and get some talent in with the spare money.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
That article is nonsense, it's all 'could' and 'might', it reads like it's completely made up.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Anyone see the irony here?

End of last season and Gus asks whether Brighton has hit its ceiling.

Fast forward six months and he's trying to poach 3 players to play in the Premier League from a Championship side that had hit its ceiling.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Anyone see the irony here?

End of last season and Gus asks whether Brighton has hit its ceiling.

Fast forward six months and he's trying to poach 3 players to play in the Premier League from a Championship side that had hit its ceiling.

Is he? Where? The article in question is speculation.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I've just read the betting site article

It is possible that Fletcher may leave Sunderland

If he does, Ulloa may be amongst the players that Sunderland would look at to replace him

Have i missed anything ?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Is he? Where? The article in question is speculation.

Haven't read the article in detail. I was just responding to the thread. If it's baloney then great. If not, then I'm just saying do the deal and let's not muck about.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
A poster said earlier that Gus has been shooting his mouth off to the press.

On the potential acquisition of Brighton players, he has said nothing publicly. In fact, he was quoted as saying 'I'm saying nothing.'

Which of course means that he us after some of our players, otherwise he would've categorically denied it Shirley????

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
One thing always amazes me about some football fans is there naively and anger when a manager or player leaves a club. I don't know if there is any truth in this story at all but if Poyet thinks Ulloa can do a job for Sunderland and they make a generous offer then he will go. Why wouldn't he ? Poyet is no different than any other manager. He is only interested in Sunderland now and quite rightly so. That is how it works, I don't see why anyone would get wound up by all that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Only a few days to go before we can get back to only having to worry about the next game, who is injured, who is shit and needs shipping out at the end of the season, and how our playoff hopes are coming along, bring it on :thumbsup:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Which of course means that he us after some of our players, otherwise he would've categorically denied it Shirley????

The only thing I could find that he has been quoted on regarding transfer dealings...

Sunderland boss Gus Poyet is tightlipped on his interest in Brighton pair Liam Bridcutt and Will Buckley.

Poyet won't do his transfer business in the media.

“No. The way we do business is to keep everything inside - we don’t comment about any names.

“I have been give a list of names by different people in the media who we are apparently interested in, some I don’t know who they are, where they play or whether they have blond hair or black hair!

“There’s going to be a lot of that this month.

“We have been trying for a while to get people in, and we have also been offered probably 100 players by various agents, so there is a lot of confusion.

“The best thing for us to do is to say nothing.”

He's neither confirmed nor denied. People can put two and two together if it makes them feel better, and of course the story has subsequently moved on.

But to say 'Gus has been sounding off to the press' is evidently wide of the mark.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If Wickham is as good as people say he is, and Gus wants him gone, then I am rather glad that he is no longer our manager.

'If'...from what i could see he hasn't made that leap to the premier with Sunderland...for what ever reason....but on his current loan spell with SW has suddenly hit form...we don't know if GP does wants him gone..you might think its a wonder why no one else has gone in and bought him...i imagine he's on a fair whack...length of contract?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I'm pretty sure he would go if Gus came knocking. Almost without hesitation. Certainly doesn't appear to have fallen in love with our club.

What possibly gives you that idea? He has always looked relaxed, happy and chilled whenever I have seen him around town, with or without his family, with or without Spanish teamates, before, during and after his injury. Looks fine to me

:shrug:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Jus **** off Gus.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He spent more than a year trying to get him for us, hardly a surprise if he is subsequently interested in signing him for Sunderland.

Not sure why people are so upset with Poyet about it. It is his job.

And also, didn't people immediately start looking at Oscar's old club to see who he could possibly bring with him when he was unveiled as manager? Would Oscar suddenly become an arse if he went back and signed some of them? No. Of course not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here