Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gullys Girls.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Are back at the Amex today, although not dancing they will be flag waving as the players come on to the pitch & walking around the pitch at half time. They will be doing a routine at 3 more home games, i know two of the games are Palace & the last game of the season against Wolves can't remember the 3rd one. I think it is only 3 or 4 girls as most left because of the way they treated, seems a bit of a u turn by the club.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Think that was always the plan for Gully's Girls by the club. They could dance 3 times a season and that's it. The rest of the time they have to be 'promoters'. Most of them joined to dance, and weren't happy with the 'like it or lump it' changes, so quit.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
I'm not too sure the Geordie fans liked them from last year or not - Bring on the Brass Band!!

"We must also report the presence of "Gully's Girls" aka the Albion cheerleaders at this game. Words still continue to fail us. The brass band music was canny though."

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Huzzah! Shame they have been treated so poorly by the club. Should get a rousing reception on St Paddy's Day! :clap:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It's all been very shabby and no wonder most have left.

The club seem determined to ruin any pre-match entertainment. loads of kids (and some adults!) love to be seen on the big screen during Fanzone, and it does generate some excitement yet the club would rather show adverts. What a waste of the screens.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!

The club seem determined to ruin any pre-match entertainment. loads of kids (and some adults!) love to be seen on the big screen during Fanzone, and it does generate some excitement yet the club would rather show adverts. What a waste of the screens.

Yes. The little lad next to me today had been brought as rare treat by his Dad and couldn't wait for fanzone and the chance to be on the big screen. Also loads if kids behind me were looking forward to it. They were all really disappointed when there was no filming. Is this a new club policy?

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
I miss Gully girls. They were great for pre match entertainment and for the children, yes I know, I've said this many times but not having them there has lost some of our build up to the games. Used to see them outside the ground meeting parents and kids and the kids used to love chatting with them. Also their dance routines and half time walk about meeting the kids again was a nice touch and made the children smile and happy.

Now all you get is f*** all till the 'put your hands up for Brighton' etc. Gully girls were at the withdean and with us last season and was part of the pre match entertainment. Now for me it means cutting out my pies and beer and arriving just before kick off or when the game has started.

Used to arrive when the gates open as that's what I done since we moved to the Amex but the pre match excitement is dwindling and so is my desire to turn up early.

If I turn up early now then the only thing I have to look forward to is watching the sprinklers popping up and down which to be fair is rather pointless. Maybe the club are concerned about obesity (me) and pedophiles that by getting rid of our likes the club are doing their bit for the government.

Gully girls should be reinstated.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Completely agree with this.

Bring back Gully's Girls

I miss Gully girls. They were great for pre match entertainment and for the children, yes I know, I've said this many times but not having them there has lost some of our build up to the games. Used to see them outside the ground meeting parents and kids and the kids used to love chatting with them. Also their dance routines and half time walk about meeting the kids again was a nice touch and made the children smile and happy.

Now all you get is f*** all till the 'put your hands up for Brighton' etc. Gully girls were at the withdean and with us last season and was part of the pre match entertainment. Now for me it means cutting out my pies and beer and arriving just before kick off or when the game has started.

Used to arrive when the gates open as that's what I done since we moved to the Amex but the pre match excitement is dwindling and so is my desire to turn up early.

If I turn up early now then the only thing I have to look forward to is watching the sprinklers popping up and down which to be fair is rather pointless. Maybe the club are concerned about obesity (me) and pedophiles that by getting rid of our likes the club are doing their bit for the government.

Gully girls should be reinstated.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Presumably because the camera positions were all being used by ITV so the club wouldn't be able to treat Fanzone the same way as it normally does. Just one of those things.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
bring back the girls...........some sort of protest is required

I know one the girls that left. Sounds like they were treated pretty shoddily. She, like most, just wanted to dance and entertain, not ponce around handing out flyers and t-shirts or whatever. If Barber thought they were outdated and wants to be seen as progressive he needs to do a lot better as replacement that feckin street dancers.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
I know one the girls that left. Sounds like they were treated pretty shoddily. She, like most, just wanted to dance and entertain, not ponce around handing out flyers and t-shirts or whatever. If Barber thought they were outdated and wants to be seen as progressive he needs to do a lot better as replacement that feckin street dancers.

They been sacked off from their Community work too?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here