Brighton, United Kingdom
lol! o per-lease! appologies do excuse me while i word it differently:

"why do these threads always end up in petty squabbles! lol!!!"

Because this is NSC and EVERY thread * ends up in petty squabbles :thumbsup:

* ok , most of them do.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Gully's Girls to a brilliant job.

They volunteer, and no matter what you say dancing in front of 3K is no easy thing!

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
In my part of the south stand we couldn't hear the music so it looked like they were gyrating to silence!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
f***ing hell guys, it's just a bit of fun whether it's your thing or not.

There really aren't any negatives - They all enjoy dancing and get to perform in front of a big crowd, it's something to look at before the game starts if you want to, if not then read the program or talk to your mates.
Also I get a 5 second perv up in J block a few minutes after kick-off (sorry girls, not in a creepy stalker way I promise :blush:) rather than looking at some of the special cases or old men who sit in that area.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
i'm sure they're nice girls, and that they're talented cheerleaders, but i oppose what they do. they pander to a destructive, socially-constructed gender stereotype and degrade the progressive work their feminist sisters who have gone before them have intelligently achieved.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
i'm sure they're nice girls, and that they're talented cheerleaders, but i oppose what they do. they pander to a destructive, socially-constructed gender stereotype and degrade the progressive work their feminist sisters who have gone before them have intelligently achieved.

But shirley you realise they're being post-modern ???

The man's entitled to that opinion :thumbsup:

I'm sure they're all nice girls but they add absolutely nothing to the Albion experience for me. But then as a female, I'm probably not the target audience, am I?

:thumbsup: Am with you on that, do absolutely nothing for me, but my brother enjoys watching them!! (perv!!) :drool:

Did want to ask a question though regarding Gullys Girls.......just wondered why on Saturday they were walking around making this random weird screaming noise?? Really did not understand that at all!!!:shrug:

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007

Right On Sister!

I do hope at Falmer we go for a wider form of entertainment like a Salvation Army band or a Gospel Choir:thumbsup:

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I had the pleasure of them all sitting just behind me during the match. I had taken my 6 year old nephew who wanted to know why there were so many girls at the football!

PutYourHandsUp...

Jun 6, 2009
Which why it makes me laugh when people jump to the conclusion of the above "socially-constructed gender stereotype" comments.. because yes we dance at a football game but what people dont see behind the scenes is we go out monday to friday teaching boys and girls in schools... alot of which has bought ALOT of girls to withdean who are now avid football fans.. surely this is a good thing that we are getting rid of the football is a boy sport stereotype.. we dont expect everyone to like what we do but we do it because we are all dancers and love the football club.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Which why it makes me laugh when people jump to the conclusion of the above "socially-constructed gender stereotype" comments.. because yes we dance at a football game but what people dont see behind the scenes is we go out monday to friday teaching boys and girls in schools... alot of which has bought ALOT of girls to withdean who are now avid football fans.. surely this is a good thing that we are getting rid of the football is a boy sport stereotype.. we dont expect everyone to like what we do but we do it because we are all dancers and love the football club.

Don't think anyone can really argue with that, like Jo said it's not just about dancing at football but about being part of bringing young people into next year when we move into Falmer. Now correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that the most important thing about getting a new stadium - having a new generation of supporters to improve attendances? Argue all you want about the amount of people it will bring in - at the end of the day it's not doing any harm, and I for one wish them the best of luck!

Oh, and knowing Jo personally, I'd like to request that mods delete any unneccessary abuse thrown her way - she is often at the club during the week and works her arse off, and certainly doesn't deserve any shit for doing that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here