Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gully's Girls Christmas Dance Routine Dec 17th

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Gully's Girls were excellent yesterday. It looks as though their numbers have increased, their performances get more and more polished, and they provide us with wholesome pre-match entertainment.

I really think it is sad that the effort and time they devote to rehearsals, visiting schools, and generally promoting the Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club isn't fully appreciated - although most on this thread do.

It is clear that GGs practice inclusivity; the criteria for applicants is that they can dance - and not look like a stick insect. Judging by their videos on YouTube and items in the match day programme, the girls have great personalities - and do what they do because it is fun. And they do it for free.

It is so easy for some misogynistic fat slobs on NSC to take a pop at the girls from the safety of their own anonymity, and they would no doubt get quite irate should similar comments be made about their own daughters or girlfriends.

Rant over.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I have said on previous occasions that the quality of their attire is not particularly good.

As a woman - you cannot dress all those girls the same - they are different shapes and sizes and what looks great on one who may be a size 6 would look ridiculous on someone who is a curvy sexy size 14 with a boobs.

They need to get a proper stylist in or at least someone with a bit of know about dressing different figures but I guess that costs money and it may be money that the club doesn't want to spend?

Even some of the smaller girls yesterday looked odd in costumes that did nothing to flatter their figures at all - it is harder to dress a size 6 or 8 girl because they have no boobs and the clothes just tend to hang on them - at least the curvy blonde - apologies I don't know her name - is sexy, fit and fills her costume - and she is not that big - but when she is stood next to a size 6 girl she will look bigger - and I've seen her doing amazing cartwheels too!!!

Maybe the club should enlist the help of Gok Wan or someone who actually knows about this stuff?

PutYourHandsUp...

Jun 6, 2009
As much as we would love to walk out of the tunnel in designer dresses customed made to fit us each perfectly by top stylists from Milan fashion week, i think the money that would be spent on that would probs be put to better use... instead the girls desided to try something different yesterday to their blue and white outfits and where something a bit more festive. Wether or not to everyones taste they had a great time and enjoyed getting into the festive side of things. Could give Gok Wan a call, but then i think he would probs agree with us where we say that we dont care what size each girl is or if it is perfectly flattering on our figures if we feel comfortable and are there fully supporting a team we love then so what....

But... Thank you soooooooo much for all the kind comments that people have left here. The girls do read the posts on here and as girls would they do take it to heart, so to read these kind comments has really made them feel like all their hard work is worth while. The girls do, do it all for free, and it takes up alot of their free time and alot of late night practices but its 100% worth it, the troupe has been going for about 7 season and its a HUGE honour to not only represent and support the club but to be welcomed in by the fans is humbling. bhafc fans= best fans ever!

All the girls are now huge brighton fans, if not before (some even going to watch at the goldstone when they were kids) all us girlies do it only for the pure love of the club and our love of dancing.

Thank you for all the support we have had this season so far, we understand that we will not suit to everyone but we promise to keep working hard and improving by every match we are at! Bring on 2012, have a great christmas everyone.. Jo xx

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I really appreciate GGs; they must put in a lot of work for their routines every game. The only thing I think is a shame is that more people don't applaud them at the end. For some reason, it seems to me that their reception was stronger at Withdean.

Probably because plenty of us are completely indifferent to them. It makes no difference to my matchday routine whether they're there or not. I have no particularly strong feelings either way, I'm just :shrug: about it all.

Perhaps that sounds a bit unfair- it's not that I dislike what they do, or I think they're crap, I just don't notice what's going on on the pitch other than the football. Besides, I daresay I'm not the target audience....

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
There seems more and more pressure on girls to look perfect in today's society. I think they're all very attractive and do a great job for the club. :clap2:

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Some may look at you with the critical eye of the dress designer, some may look at you for all the wrong reasons, some may look at you thinking that they wish their daughter would join you for all the freebies, some may look at you wondering where their youth has gone, but the rest of us just look at you thinking, thanks for everything you do for our club, thanks for supporting us through thin and thinner, we love you all, thanks Jo, happy Chrtistmas to all...

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Just looked unprofessional yesterday all dressed up differently with some in leggings etc, bit like they dragged people out of the crowd to join in.

My old Gran used to say "If you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all".

Reading your comment, I prefer the rather more direct "Shut your flappy mouth"

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
As much as we would love to walk out of the tunnel in designer dresses customed made to fit us each perfectly by top stylists from Milan fashion week, i think the money that would be spent on that would probs be put to better use... instead the girls desided to try something different yesterday to their blue and white outfits and where something a bit more festive. Wether or not to everyones taste they had a great time and enjoyed getting into the festive side of things. Could give Gok Wan a call, but then i think he would probs agree with us where we say that we dont care what size each girl is or if it is perfectly flattering on our figures if we feel comfortable and are there fully supporting a team we love then so what....

But... Thank you soooooooo much for all the kind comments that people have left here. The girls do read the posts on here and as girls would they do take it to heart, so to read these kind comments has really made them feel like all their hard work is worth while. The girls do, do it all for free, and it takes up alot of their free time and alot of late night practices but its 100% worth it, the troupe has been going for about 7 season and its a HUGE honour to not only represent and support the club but to be welcomed in by the fans is humbling. bhafc fans= best fans ever!

All the girls are now huge brighton fans, if not before (some even going to watch at the goldstone when they were kids) all us girlies do it only for the pure love of the club and our love of dancing.

Thank you for all the support we have had this season so far, we understand that we will not suit to everyone but we promise to keep working hard and improving by every match we are at! Bring on 2012, have a great christmas everyone.. Jo xx

You're all doing a grand job - keep up the good work.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
ile prob get the evils from her indoors for this but i bloody lurve gullys gals , the very fact they have girls of all shapes n sizes makes it all the more watchable , you can stick those stereotypical sprayed orange size zero yankee style cheerleaders that lots of clubs seem to have opted for .

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
April, Ree, Kate, Ellie, Jo....:love:

Jan 30, 2008
I personally think Gullys Girs are brilliant, the amount of time they put in to do what they do is amazing, well done Girls and Thanks :thumbsup:

Can I also say, I for one am really fed up of the negative comments some make about the girls, it is nothing but down right rude, I would so like to see photos of the wives / girlfriends of these ignorant people, If you have nothing decent to say I suggest you say nothing, in future any abusive comments aimed at the girls on here will be treated as such, Abuse! and will be dealt with by the mods.

We all know that most of the girls look at NSC, and it must be horrible for them to read such crap, it really is not wanted on NSC.
what do you mean .................. these blokes haven't got wives / girlfriends !!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Of course some would QUESTION if Gullys Girls WERE all INCLUSIVE as it were then where ARE the boys OUT there ? WHY is it GIRLS only ?

Only one thing missing from that clip...

Chairman-Santa_590_green.jpg

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Think the girls do a great job, 1st time ive actually watched the whole routine and Saturdays was very good.
Just wish they all had matching socks though, either knee length or ankle, would just look a bit more professional.
Perhaps Bozza can buy them some as an Xmas pressie from NSC funds

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
To Jo and all of the GIRLS a big thanks for all your time and effort and be sure to have a wonderful Christmas. I always enter my seat early to ensure I never miss you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here