Gully Girls.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Probably down to cost! Must of been expensive to train, dress, manage, sign of the times!

The material for the dress can't have been that much. There wasn't much of it!

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Gully's Girls are rapidly becoming Gully's girl - down to just 5 of them yesterday

Yes, waving flags and walking around at half time like they've been given a dosage of methadone. It's a token gesture from Paul Barber and shall e-mail him tomorrow. If they aren't, weren't sacked then why is it they are acting like they shouldn't be there.

Notice how they musn't jump in front of crowds and must only wave and smile. I'll report what Barber has to say on the matter.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It was, in effect, constructive dismissal as the terms of Gully's Girls employment significantly changed.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
My daughter has been a gully girl for 4 seasons and she was never verbally abused.I know for a fact that they did alot of work for albion in the community and the club should be proud of them and not treat them like they have.Also shes been a fan since she was little and was in tears at their last game.

Is she one of the hot ones?

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
i thought the point of fan zone was to video kids waving to put up on the big screen. didn't really notice yesterday as was having a beer - but last time i was in the ground they just shows adverts. also. why can't they do some different songs?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Were they not sponsored by a company and perhaps they have stopped this sponsorship but lets face it does it make a lot of difference whether Gullys girls entertain or not its not the end of the world or a matter of relegation to Div 1, so not really that important.

gully is my god

Apr 13, 2011
Hove
I dont get the fuss, they were rubbish.

May be ok as dancers, but I have been a cheerleader for years. What they do is not cheer, its all wrong technique and therefore just a dance so a bit weird to have before football.

Also everytime at least some of them looked far too half hearted, like they didnt want to bother... so maybe we should just let them not bother and disappear.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
I dont get the fuss, they were rubbish

It's not the point. Gully Girls was at Withdean and at the Amex last season and this season till Barber turned up. They are great for the kids and the kids love them before and during the match, They also do fantastic work for the local community for free and remind me of my first ever day at the Amex. They are part of the club, pre match build up now it's f***ing flat, nothing, even the 'put your hands up' is a joke as it feels out of place.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It's not the point. Gully Girls was at Withdean and at the Amex last season and this season till Barber turned up. They are great for the kids and the kids love them before and during the match, They also do fantastic work for the local community for free and remind me of my first ever day at the Amex. They are part of the club, pre match build up now it's f***ing flat, nothing, even the 'put your hands up' is a joke as it feels out of place.

Good summary. Perfect technique or ability wasn't as important as the fact they were people who made a positive contribution to the club long before it became fashionable to be associated with Brighton & Hove Albion. If we weren't in a brand new stadium would Barber be even remotely interested in having anything to do with our club?

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Some people really enjoyed them. It was one of my wife's highlights and she is extremely hacked off. Very foolish of Mr Barber to pursue this one. He has far more important battles ahead of him and he will find it that much harder to keep the support of reasonable people when he acts like a dictatorial prigg who thinks that the Amex is full of perverts.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's not a secret paul.barber@bhafc.co.uk is the email that he freely gave out yesterday on the Albion Roar.

He did mention that members of Gullys Girls had been verbally abused by sections of the crowd and safeguarding the young girls was the responsibility of the club.

That makes sense, unlike the "shut up Barber" intelligent start to this thread.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Were they not sponsored by a company and perhaps they have stopped this sponsorship but lets face it does it make a lot of difference whether Gullys girls entertain or not its not the end of the world or a matter of relegation to Div 1, so not really that important.

Some were clearly sponsored by Piglets Pantry. Not Jo.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Do you think Barber got rid of Gully's Girls because of temptation on his part, or do you think he didn't fancy any of them?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not surprised the routines were axed after all the revelations in the news about Jimmy Savile.

BrightonPara

Apr 6, 2012
Haha good luck getting a response from Paul himself! If and I do mean IF he actually reads it and not his PA he might file it...... Under 'unimportant', after all your just a fan!! Who are you to come up with such things! Found that with alot of people at the club, they hide behind their emails and computers.... Easier that way

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Everything has its time and Gully's Girls and Fanzone have both had theirs - now it surely is tme for the club and the fans to move on before it truly does become an embarrassment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports