Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gulls eye covers 91-94

dik

Oct 11, 2003
Oxford
Odd request, I drew a load of cartoons for Gulls eye from about 91-94.
Of course I only kept a few of them and most have gone with the wind
If anyone has old copies knocking about, could they possible send some photos or scans of the covers.

There were some really interesting ones around the whole 'waterhall' period and when the rumours of the ground being sold first started. Also remember doing a very bad taste one around the first iraq war involving Palace long balls.

Cheers

dik

email: dik.knights{at}gmail.com

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Odd request, I drew a load of cartoons for Gulls eye from about 91-94.
Of course I only kept a few of them and most have gone with the wind
If anyone has old copies knocking about, could they possible send some photos or scans of the covers.

There were some really interesting ones around the whole 'waterhall' period and when the rumours of the ground being sold first started. Also remember doing a very bad taste one around the first iraq war involving Palace long balls.

Cheers

dik

email: dik.knights{at}gmail.com

Let me have a look when I get home. My parents had a clear out of their loft not that long ago and found a load of old programmes/fanzines of mine. I didn't want to chuck em so they are now in my garage. I'm pretty sure I've got most if not all GE from that period.

I'll let you know.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Will have a look, got a box full of them in the loft.

Sent from my bed in my garden shed !

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I've got a few at home, the Kevin Bremner standing outside a brothel cartoon made me laugh, was that one of yours?

Edit:Thinking about it probably not, I think he left before 91...

Billy Whizzkid

Aug 24, 2011
I remember doing a cartoon for Gulls Eye too and was chuffed when it got put into the Crawley FA Cup game edition because the attendance was around 18-19000. It was the Albion team singing to to the tune of Hey Hey We're the Monkees. If anyone can scan that here too it would make my day as I lost my copy of GE ages ago.

Cheers!

:moo:

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    763.8 KB · Views: 456
  • scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    813.6 KB · Views: 470

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I've got an almost complete collection but no way of scanning them.

Rabeen

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing
Great to see the 'Infidels' edition again... was just at the time I started to go by myself. It was the first cover to spring to mind when I read the thread title. Great memories.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
I remember doing a cartoon for Gulls Eye too and was chuffed when it got put into the Crawley FA Cup game edition because the attendance was around 18-19000. It was the Albion team singing to to the tune of Hey Hey We're the Monkees. If anyone can scan that here too it would make my day as I lost my copy of GE ages ago.

Cheers!

This one?

Attachments

• Monkees.jpg
    Monkees.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 335

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here