Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guesthouse / B&B in North Wales

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
I'm after a bit of advice. Taking the other half away for a long weekend to North Wales. She went to Uni in Bangor and hasn't been back for ages so thought it would be a nice touch.

I have no idea about the area whatsoever but currently looking for recommendations for places to stay around Bangor or Menai Bridge area. Any first hand knowledge would be gratefully received.

Cheers.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
If she hasn't been back for ages, in my experience she's probably left you. I would save my money, doesn't look hopeful. :down:

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Not sure about Bangor itself, but Llandudno is a cracking little town, loads of choice for guest houses etc and obv only a short journey from Bangor by train, bus, car....

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Not sure about Bangor itself, but Llandudno is a cracking little town, loads of choice for guest houses etc and obv only a short journey from Bangor by train, bus, car....

Me and the missis, stay here for the weekends often when i am working in Chester. Sam the owner is a Man Utd and Ska fan, but don't let that put you off he is really nice guy, lots of the bands that play the conference centre book it out. Llandudno has good restaurants, great views from the Orme, wild Afgan goats everywhere. It also has a bonkers house that was the inspiration for Alice in Wonderland (if it still stands was threatened with demolition). Like Sussex Square the front is well preserved. If you are driving its easy to get around and lovely drives around Snowdonia and up to the Menai Bridge.

Escape Hotel, BB Boutique, Llandudno North Wales - 5 star luxury

I love seaside towns as I am from one, and this is one of the best.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Cheers for thoughts so far. I'm still debating on where to take her but it's given me some ideas.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Cant believe the thread has gone this far, and as far as I can see, no-one has yet gone for the "taking my missus to wales for the weekend and I'm going to Bangor..." gag

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here