Oct 1, 2013
From the 80's era... (I believe)

1000002154.png
1000002153.png

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To be fair, this was slightly harder than the Eastbourne one last week.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
1704016523441.png

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I'm more curious to know, why did the ground get left like that?

Did Charlton simply move? Did they leave the ground to renovate it?

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Think that photo is when they are on their way back. Volunteers cleared pitch etc, hence bonfire before builders came in.

They moved to share Selhurst after dispute with ground owners I think. Fortunately ground left untouched so they could fight their way back unlike us at the Goldstone.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I remember standing half way up the biggest terrace in the country to watch the Abion play there sometime in the mid 70s. Hard to believe it was once one of the highest capacity grounds in the country.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I remember seeing The Who there in 1974, along with Lou Reed, Bad Company, Maggie Bell and Lindisfarne. Apparently Alan Curbishley was selling programmes (his brother Bill was The Oo's manager).

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
My son is good mates with Roger Alwen’s son who is a film director. Bit of useless info

Bald Head

Jul 20, 2022
Brighton
I remember standing half way up the biggest terrace in the country to watch the Abion play there sometime in the mid 70s. Hard to believe it was once one of the highest capacity grounds in the country.
Saw the Albion win 4-0 there in the 70s , might have been boxing day ,did Ronnie Howell score 3or 4,and a massive fight broke out on that terrace in the. second half

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Think that photo is when they are on their way back. Volunteers cleared pitch etc, hence bonfire before builders came in.

They moved to share Selhurst after dispute with ground owners I think. Fortunately ground left untouched so they could fight their way back unlike us at the Goldstone.
Lived nearby the Valley when they moved back. Helped clear the old girl up and let everyone know my allegiance. Definite mutual loathing of Palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here