Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Guendouzi to Maupay: "I earn more than you ever will"

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Sums up Arsenals problem. Had a squad full of overpaid twats for years, Nicholas Bendtner was a trailblazer for their ridiculous policy of overpaying idiots.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Genuinely hope someone f*cks his legs until the end of next season. What a prize w**ker. Deserves everything he get's after that, awful thing to say.

It's really not that bad a thing to say, is it? I'm sure it was a bit of gamemanship, aimed to get under Maupay's skin and it looked like it worked. Luckily for us, Maupay had the last laugh on this ocassion. I imagine stuff like this and worse happens all the time in top level competitive sport.

If I was earning say £20-30k a week (at a guess?) and someone said to me that they earn more, I'd struggle to get massively upset about it.

Last edited:

It's really not that bad a thing to say, is it? I'm sure it was a bit of gamemanship, aimed to get under Maupay's skin and it looked like it worked. Luckily for us, Maupay had the last laugh on this occassion. I imagine stuff like this and worse happens all the time in top level competitive sport.

If I was earning say £20-30k a week (at a guess?) and someone said to me that they earn more, I'd struggle to get massively upset about it.

I get your point, but it's bloody disrespectful. Just shows how arrogant they are when actually they are a mid table laughing stock.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I would imagine that, if this is true, the people who will be most upset about this are the fans of his own team. Arsenal sit well off the European places after two defeats from two games following the restart. They were stuffed by City and feel humiliated over losing to 'teams like Brighton'* They suspect that they are not getting effort and value for money from a bunch of players, many of whom could be seen as gutless and overrated. They've already had their captain stripped of his armband this season following his use of abusive language to them when being substituted and now they hear stories that their battling midfielder's response to being totally owned by Yves Bissouma is to seek revenge by showing off about how much money he is making. That kind of spirit is just what's needed to pull together a team divided from it's supporters. The irony is that by helping ensure that Arsenal fail to qualify for Europe, the Brighton players may have contributed to the Arsenal player's potential loss of earnings for the second year running... Or to put it another way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF03fsxVqEk

* (C) Peter Crouch (on this occasion).

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I take the view that it is just like in cricket with the sledging. Only thing is, Guendouzi can't back it up and has ended up looking the fool. Travesty that the mugs at the FA chose to turn a blind eye on his aggression, that included Atkinson who was a few feet away but miraculously failed to see it.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Lol. What a shame we cost them a champions league place last season and destroyed their chances of that again this season. He won’t last long there under any half decent manager, but they have their worst manager in 25 years now so he will be safe for the time being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Guendouzi; a player who finished 7th in Ligue 2 in France 2 years ago.

Sums up everything that is wrong with that squad - disliked Emery so openly took the piss out of him, mock other teams and players (and how much they earn). Victory all the sweeter right now.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I seem to recall Gary Hart said James Scowcroft said something similar to him

In another game that Brighton won

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Lol. What a shame we cost them a champions league place last season and destroyed their chances of that again this season. He won’t last long there under any half decent manager, but they have their worst manager in 25 years now so he will be safe for the time being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They will sack him expecting him to do better despite not even having the chance of a transfer window. This is like liverpool moving through the denial anger stages till they found Klopp. How long will it take Arsenal?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Take this with a pinch of salt People . Could well be BS. ‘My sources say’ etc could actually mean someone at the gutter rag made it up
Indeed, not so long ago they wrote up a crock of shite about Dunk and the boys not wanting to play. I have not looked at the article, and certainly won't be falling for their increasingly desperate click bait.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
'Sources claim....'

Well name your sources. I always look for a direct quote from someone with things like this. Maybe its true, maybe not. Games are coming thick and fast so let's just move on

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This may come back to bite Gwen Dozy on the arse. Every opponent will be out to get him , now they have seen how easy he is to wind up.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Did a bloke down the pub tell The Guardian this ?

Please don’t use the guardian as the keeper of the truth, most newspapers have agendas and the guardian certainly has . I wouldn’t trust it anymore than I would trust the daily mail . It only highlights the news that fits it’s own lefty agenda .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here