Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Guardian Season Preview 2020-21: Albion Prediction Finish Position: 16th

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Still don't see why we're turning every conversation into Leeds. There's plenty of other clubs we'll be rivals with. If you're concerned about the possibility if relegation (I'm not unduly concerned but accept it's not out of the question), then there's loads of other clubs we could be talking about, Newcastle, West Brom, West Ham etc

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Still don't see why we're turning every conversation into Leeds. There's plenty of other clubs we'll be rivals with. If you're concerned about the possibility if relegation (I'm not unduly concerned but accept it's not out of the question), then there's loads of other clubs we could be talking about, Newcastle, West Brom, West Ham etc

I'll add the Newcastle, Baggies and Hammers predictions to this thread when the Guardian release them :thumbsup:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
You can safely put a dozen PLteams in a potential relegation dog fight. There aren't many who are nailed on to survive even if they have an awful year.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016

Because the ridiculous love-in isn't abating. If Villa, Norwich of Sheff United had been predicted top-10 last season we would have been talking about that in the same vein! Who knows how Leeds will get on. Depends on how well Koch replaces White and how Rodrigo does in his first season. For all we know, they might be really strong - nobody really knows yet. Looking at the Championship, they clearly weren't astounding, but that might just be because they didn't have a clinical finisher - perhaps they've improved there. Sheff United's Championship season didn't give much indication they'd do so well in the Prem either.

I remember posting when Liverpool officially won the title, that the media bollocks would be nothing compared to if Leeds secured promotion, and I've not been disappointed. The good news is, the best Leeds fans can hope for now is to meet their lofty expectations. Everything else is failure.

I prefer the safety net of constant pessimism when it comes to my football club.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
NBC has a seemingly more realistic prediction.

91BA9D38-4B69-48E8-9FC5-910320AF0551.jpeg

super-seagulls

Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Give me sport.com (yeah, I don’t know either) have used a ‘super computer’ To predict, this upside down table!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....premier-league-predicted-by-supercomputer?amp

Premier League table simulated
You can smell the controversy already, can't you? Well, we won't keep you waiting any longer, so check out the full 2020/21 Premier League table below as far as the supercomputer is concerned:

20. West Bromwich Albion
19. Fulham
18. Aston Villa
17. Newcastle United
16. Crystal Palace
15. Burnley
14. Sheffield United
13. Brighton & Hove Albion
12. Leeds United
11. West Ham United
10. Southampton
9. Everton
8. Wolverhampton Wanderers
7. Leicester City
6. Arsenal
5. Tottenham Hotspur
4. Chelsea
3. Manchester United
2. Liverpool
1. Manchester City

super-seagulls

Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Yorkshire’s Examiner Live have predicted

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....-premier-league-sheffield-united-18787812.amp

20/21 predicted table

1. Manchester City
2. Liverpool
3. Manchester United
4. Chelsea
5. Tottenham
6. Arsenal
7. Leicester
8. Wolves
9. Everton
10. Southampton
11. West Ham
12. Leeds United
13. Brighton
14. Sheffield United
15. Burnley
16. Crystal Palace
17. Newcastle United
18. Aston Villa
19. Fulham
20. West Brom

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
But maybe Bielsa has a surprise up his sleeve.

Given his previous history, the least surprising surprise would be that he doesn't finish the season at Leeds. Something that those predicting a top ten or higher finish for them seem to have blithely dismissed. For different reasons, I'd have him third behind Moyes and Bruce in the list of managers most likely to not be in their current job by the end of the season.

I've also been surprised at the number of amateur seers who have dismissed WBA and Fulham whilst expecting a lot from Leeds. All three face a particularly difficult challenge given the short window of opportunity to ready themselves for the Premier League. They all have different strengths and weaknesses: Leeds had the better Championship season, but have very little PL experience, WBA have a weaker squad, but a manager with league experience, Fulham have an inexperienced manager, but a squad who largely played in the league two seasons ago and would presumably have learned something. The challenge is the same for all three and it seems quite surprising that most pundits are saying that two of them will go straight back down, whilst the third will immediately challenge the European place contenders. Name recognition and perception of club size seems to be a factor. Its a repeat of last season when, despite Villa being the weakest positioned of the three promoted sides, they were in general, the least predicted to struggle.

super-seagulls

Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Yahoo sports

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/spor...dicting-2020-21-premier-league-133520236.html

1. Manchester City
2. Liverpool
3. Manchester United
4. Chelsea
5. Arsenal
6. Tottenham
7. Leicester City
8. Wolves
9. Everton
10. Southampton
11. West Ham
12. Brighton
13. Burnley
14. Sheffield United
15. Leeds United
16. Aston Villa
17. Newcastle United
18. Crystal Palace
19. Fulham
20. West Brom

Of the ones I've seen, this to me looks the most realistic (although I'd maybe suggest Leicester could disrupt the Arsenal / Spurs battle).

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
There is this assumption that now Leeds "are back where they belong" that they will somehow transform into the decent top flight team they were 20 years ago.

The premier League is a completely different and bigger challenge now.
The increased revenue to all clubs mean that the lower prem teams no longer have to sell their best players every season and don't.

It's kind of understandable that Leeds fans don't acknowledge that, but sports journalists?
Bizarre.

What's even more bizarre about the Guardian piece is that 35 year old Pablo Hernandez is The Key. A player who managed 5 goals in 71 appearances for Swansea in his prime before being shipped off for a loss to Qatar.

For a coach who is renowned for having his teams burn out before the end of the season they are looking incredibly short of players.
Rodrigo was unbelievably wasteful last night against Germany, including getting round the keeper (Trapp not Neuer) and somehow, still being slide tackled by said keeper before he could get a shot away.

Sky Bet are currently offering 1000/1 on a Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday relegation double. I've never put a bet on in my life but by god I'm tempted by that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here