Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Guardian Season Preview 2020-21: Albion Prediction Finish Position: 16th

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
BBC plump for 17th

Has anyone predicted we will be relegated this season ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54087151

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we don't get any additional forwards in, I'd take that now. At least we would have the following summer to strengthen up front. If additions can be found up front then confident we could do better than this though and go as high as 12-14th.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
If we don't get any additional forwards in, I'd take that now. At least we would have the following summer to strengthen up front. If additions can be found up front then confident we could do better than this though and go as high as 12-14th.

we've been saying the same thing for 4 years.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
This. How do you make the jump to EPL top ten without investing in EPL level strikers? We're pretty good at SELLING them, mind. Retaining them? Not so much
Sheff utd don't have any decent strikers !! Maybe we need to get our defence to be EVEN better :)

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
we've been saying the same thing for 4 years.

I know - and that's what's so frustrating.

I don't expect us to rip up the Premier League, but I genuinely feel with a stronger more potent front line this season we could do well.

With Bissouma starting to look a really good player (even if still slightly raw), and Alzate & Trossard having benefitted from their experiences last season, together with the guile and experience of Lallana coming in, I do think we will create more and hopefully score a few more from the midfield.

More than happy with the defence, so if we could add to our forward options (which I agree has been the Elephant in the room for years) mid table is a real possibilty.

Just hoping we get some postive news before October 5th.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
So many people expecting Leeds to do a Wolves or Sheffield United, but there's equal chance they could do a Norwich. McNulty's claims about 'the glorious attacking football they played to win the Championship last season' and Leeds being 'great to watch' could come back to bite him big time.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
:shrug: ask Sheffield United...?

Total one-off aberration. There's no way they'll replicate that this season. That's why the bookies have them same odds as us to be relegated (4/1). What they DID have was a tight settled side with massive levels of team spirit. Can take you a very long way - as we saw at Withdean

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
So many people expecting Leeds to do a Wolves or Sheffield United, but there's equal chance they could do a Norwich. McNulty's claims about 'the glorious attacking football they played to win the Championship last season' and Leeds being 'great to watch' could come back to bite him big time.

We were similarly glorious in attacking football and winning . . . . at least until the last 2 games of the season :rolleyes:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

That sort of language sounds a lot like the plaudits people were heaping on Norwich after their promotion.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
The Guardian is up to West Ham today.

Their profile of the Hammers Shambles certainly doesn’t pull its punches.

The club is portrayed as a shitshow of mismanagement, unrest and chaos. Players and fans are unhappy, the squad is an incoherent mess, and nothing’s been done during the close season to address or improve any of this.

A recipe for total disaster in other words.

Predicted position?

14th.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The Guardian is up to West Ham today.

Their profile of the Hammers Shambles certainly doesn’t pull its punches.

The club is portrayed as a shitshow of mismanagement, unrest and chaos. Players and fans are unhappy, the squad is an incoherent mess, and nothing’s been done during the close season to address or improve any of this.

A recipe for total disaster in other words.

Predicted position?

14th.

So, a shit show, but one too big to go down?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm currently listening to the Guardian's Football Weekly Podcast - Season Preview.

Lars Siverson (sp) absolutely blooming well nailed the Albion.
It was a somewhat disturbing listen, he didn't put a foot wrong, going someway to highlight just how much wrong reporting their is even with the basics.

T'was a funny listen they rolled through everybody else's weakness is seemingly:-

"well they need to strengthen at centre back, if they want to be taken seriously".

They can't - We've got them all. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here