Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guard of honour for Arsenal on the 25th?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Sadly I and many others won't have the chance to attend this momentous fixture against a true BEHEMOTH of world football.

With this in mind, I would call upon all other expat Seagulls around the world to seek out their local Arsenal supporters group and thank them for the opportunity of such a wondrous fixture.

Without going unnecessarily overboard, a complimentary round of drinks for the supporters would probably be appropriate too.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Sadly I and many others won't have the chance to attend this momentous fixture against a true BEHEMOTH of world football.

With this in mind, I would call upon all other expat Seagulls around the world to seek out their local Arsenal supporters group and thank them for the opportunity of such a wondrous fixture.

Without going unnecessarily overboard, a complimentary round of drinks for the supporters would probably be appropriate too.

Rest assured I will be watching in my local Spanish Arsenal supporters bar wearing my Brighton shirt. The last time, two years ago, I ended up chanting, "You only sing when you're winning!"
No bother, they are all pensioners like me! Some good banter btw.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
It is an awesome privilege for us to host such a magnificent club

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I am going to e mail Mr Barber in the morning suggesting that 1901 should be cleared out and filled with selected Arsenal fans along the lines of an airline upgrade and that includes Des's hallowed seat.
The 1901 ers can squeeze in somewhere else for the night.
Every Gooner in 1901 should be given a commemorative medal and a blow job.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
why...its a cup game ffs.. perhaps if we play crawley we should give them a gaurd of honour.. did afc wimbldon against liverpool no they are gonna get beat by us albion boys why make them think the are special ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
why...its a cup game ffs.. perhaps if we play crawley we should give them a gaurd of honour.. did afc wimbldon against liverpool no they are gonna get beat by us albion boys why make them think the are special ?

They are special. Its ARSENAL.

Show some respect.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

You're taking this quite seriously, aren't you?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The laying of the temporary helicopter pad on the pitch for them to arrive at 1.15 is a lovely touch. It's not often I get there that early but I will for this special event.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Surely that's beside the point. This is Arsenal, the third biggest club in the Premier League and current cupholders.

Of course we should offer a guard of honour to show our respect for them.

I am all for a bit of sportsmanship etc ,but with all due respect ...they are a football team with 11 men running about who just happen to earn millions for the privilege of showing off their undoubted skills .

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I am all for a bit of sportsmanship etc ,but with all due respect ...they are a football team with 11 men running about who just happen to earn millions for the privilege of showing off their undoubted skills .

I'm not sure you're quite grasping the sheer magnitude of the football club we are playing host to. You do realise we're playing ARSENAL ? Frankly I'd be honoured to be in the same COUNTY as them, let alone the same stadium. Win lose or draw I'll be applauding the Arsenal players onto and then off the pitch, and will spend most of the game just gawping slack-jawed at their team. Probably dribbling.

Arsenal. Its Arsenal.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I am going to e mail Mr Barber in the morning suggesting that 1901 should be cleared out and filled with selected Arsenal fans along the lines of an airline upgrade and that includes Des's hallowed seat.
The 1901 ers can squeeze in somewhere else for the night.
Every Gooner in 1901 should be given a commemorative medal and a blow job.

I would like to clarify that I meant for some chicks, hand picked and checked over by the club to dish out the above.
Thank you

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I hope that they get to choose which dug out they use.

And, for this game only, Good Old Sussex By The Sea should be replaced with Good Old Arsenal. (Written by Jimmy Hill, fact fans.)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Classic NCS thread, reminds me of that 'how many are they bringing down' Forest one a couple of seasons back. BensGrandad you are priceless!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here