Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Grumpy old man rant

greachain

Mar 19, 2023
Sitting next to one of those so called superfans of a certain Albion player today, who had to constantly film (and block view) for the entire match. Why don’t the stewards stop people filming an entire game? It spoiled the view constantly when there was any action down the wing.

greachain

Mar 19, 2023
Did you ask them nicely not to, stating the reasons you’ve already mentioned, or did you sit in silence seething at how selfish you thought they were?
No I asked them to sit back so I could see the game very politely and friendly like a few minutes in. They made a huge effort for all of five minutes and then resumed gradually taking more and more of the space again.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Should definitely be enforced by stewards...

People these days need to live in the moment more, rather than worrying about what they are going to post on social media later.

There is absolutely no need to record extremely low quality footage on their phones at these events, when there will be comprehensive highlights provided for free which were filmed with state of the art HD broadcasting gear.

greachain

Mar 19, 2023
I hope you tutted loudly.
ChatGPT tells me that
You’d be surprised!

Mrs.W took our kids to an Amex WSL game. She has no interest in football, she did it for them. So she was on her phone during the game.

The punters behind her were furious, slagging her off to each other.
It sounds fair enough in that case. Looking at one’s phone in your hands or on your lap seems a very different category to holding up the phone, leaning forwards and blocking several other spectators to film rather than watch the entire game.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Sitting next to one of those so called superfans of a certain Albion player today, who had to constantly film (and block view) for the entire match. Why don’t the stewards stop people filming an entire game? It spoiled the view constantly when there was any action down the wing.

What did the fan say when you presumably brought it up with them?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Should definitely be enforced by stewards...

People these days need to live in the moment more, rather than worrying about what they are going to post on social media later.

There is absolutely no need to record extremely low quality footage on their phones at these events, when there will be comprehensive highlights provided for free which were filmed with state of the art HD broadcasting gear.
Yes I totally agree with you.
#Grumpyoldmanrant

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ignore the mockery. Here is a tip. Film them filming, and then remind them they are breaching copywrite. :thumbsup:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You’d be surprised!

Mrs.W took our kids to an Amex WSL game. She has no interest in football, she did it for them. So she was on her phone during the game.

The punters behind her were furious, slagging her off to each other.
Well I'm not surprised. How the hell would she have known when to chant w*****, w***** at Toney/Zaha/Grealish etc :shrug:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Why don’t the stewards stop people filming an entire game?
You were on a hiding to nothing after this sentence on this forum Sir.

Couldn’t agree with you more though. I don’t film at gigs, football, any sporting event… completely pointless.

Support your local team unless you’re Ecuadorian etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here