Groupon - Success or Failure?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Groupon - Success or Failure?

• Total voters

Groupon - Sucess or Failure?

Which side of the fence are you on? Google walked away from a deal as did a few other big names. The founder is a PR disaster. Their model seems reliant on huge marketing spend. Deal fatigue & competition from many smaller entrants could hit revenues. However they do have the market lead just........

So are they going to surprise the skeptics & grow like Amazon or famously fail?

Either way the founder will be laughing all the way to the bank achieving his life long ambition......

Is this the good or bad face of capitalism? The banks playing their old games or the markets doing what they're best at?

I have purchased a few things via Groupon, however, did I really get a good deal. Hmm..

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Without Groupon one of the recent Palace home league games would have been a sub 10k attendance even with the freebies already handed out.

simpleton

Apr 23, 2011
You occasionally get some good deals but for the vast majority of stuff they have simply claimed the value is way in excess of its actual worth and then proclaim a massive discount off the price they just made up.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I've used it successfully a couple of times but the majority of the stuff is useless... And the pathetic puns and attempts at humour really get on my tits. Would probably stay subscribed just in case the odd good deal pops up but can't see it ever being revolutionary like Google and Amazon have been in their way.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the idea of group based, daily discounts is great. but its not a billion dollar business, anyone with a few 100k can start up a competitor (less if they have an existing presence) and once they've burnt through the businesses in each city there's no growth. so as a company they are a failure waiting to go bust.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
So which clown at Groupon thought it would be a good idea to put these football clubs up with completely the wrong strips ... http://www.groupon.co.uk/vouchers/tickets/sport-tickets/football

Brighton

brighton-football-tickets.jpg

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Aug 21, 2011
Strange I have only just joined it. Not really used it yet though. Has anyone got any of the holidays?? if so was it all OK and were they genuinly a bargain???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports