Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gross

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
As I've said loads of times before, we should be so glad he has no pace because if he was a yard faster he would be playing Champions League.
The Gross Turn just amazes me. It works every time, EVERY TIME.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I’ve never been his greatest fan, to date , but this season he has really proved his worth. He creates so many chances, he’s consistent and deservedly is first choice

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
As I've said loads of times before, we should be so glad he has no pace because if he was a yard faster he would be playing Champions League.
The Gross Turn just amazes me. It works every time, EVERY TIME.

If he had a yard of pace he’d be playing for Klopp - nailed on

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'm beginning to wonder if Potter has created another piece of magic by moving Pascal Gross to become our right wing-back.
He looks so solid both defensively and going forward. I would be very happy to see him in that role for the long term.

A combination on our right flank of Lamptey and Gross swapping positions and over lapping each other would create chaos for the opposition.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I'm beginning to wonder if Potter has created another piece of magic by moving Pascal Gross to become our right wing-back.
He looks so solid both defensively and going forward. I would be very happy to see him in that role for the long term.

A combination on our right flank of Lamptey and Gross swapping positions and over lapping each other would create chaos for the opposition.
Agree...but I'm struggling to imagine Gross overlapping Lamptey ��

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013

Imagine attaching Tariq’s legs on Pascal Gross. They’d be doing the quickest Gross turns you’ve ever seen.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I’m a 7/10 Gross fan and undoubtedly he has improved considerably in the past couple of months BUT most of his good work, fancy turns, etc are done out on the touch line and don’t hurt teams. Also, are his free kicks, corners and crosses really that good? Maupay delivered better balls last night.

Strikes me that the better teams are happy to let Gross “get on with it” where he can’t harm them.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I’m a 7/10 Gross fan and undoubtedly he has improved considerably in the past couple of months BUT most of his good work, fancy turns, etc are done out on the touch line and don’t hurt teams. Also, are his free kicks, corners and crosses really that good? Maupay delivered better balls last night.

Strikes me that the better teams are happy to let Gross “get on with it” where he can’t harm them.

I’ve really rated Gross’s performance in a deep role this season. But I’m not sure I like him as a RWB. It’s a physically demanding role and to me he looked shattered in the second half.

To answer your question, I think his set pieces are pretty consistent. Last night his in swinging corners were a nightmare for Henderson. I would like to see Macca have a few more though.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Gross is the sort of player that we would regularly have in the squad. He is technically very good and reliable, but he isn't likely to ever have any resale value to us so will forever be a player who is moved around and used to fill in gaps left by injuries. A fantastic squad player who has served us really well for 4 seasons

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm in love with a Fußballgenie
Who Oft owns Man-you-err

Crosses corners tap ins, he's got the lot
Especially versus northern rot

To the tune by the Passions