Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gross called up for Germany

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I love the fact that this article has quotes from Mac Allister's dad!!!

My Germans not 'zu heiß'

what relevance does Ali Macs father have?

I think Ali Mac would still be with us for this season if it wasn't for his father, strikes me as the kind of guy who'd get to the NDP test and the computer would catch fire.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
No idea why Mac senior was interviewed for this, but he was very complimentary...

Carlos Mac Allister provides information in this regard: “Pascal is extremely versatile,” which is why he “basically filled every field player position in Brighton, with the exception of center forward and central defender, but mainly played in midfield because he has a peculiarity that I like very much: he is responsible, accompanies every attacking move until it is finished and always looks for the finish himself."

But that's not all. “He has good technique when it comes to set pieces,” reports Mac Allister, which should particularly make DFB free-kick and corner taker Joshua Kimmich sit up and take notice - and, secondly, which isn’t even Groß’s most outstanding characteristic. Above all, Mac gives Allister one of the greatest possible compliments: "He understands football! And I don't just say that."

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
My Germans not 'zu heiß'

what relevance does Ali Macs father have?

I think Ali Mac would still be with us for this season if it wasn't for his father, strikes me as the kind of guy who'd get to the NDP test and the computer would catch fire.

I think that’s rather harsh on Mac Allister senior. Another agent probably wouldn’t have been as willing to let Alexis sign that new deal last year. Despite the “release clause” it still meant we got more than we would have done if he hadn’t of signed as he’d have been down to the last two years (1 year plus a years option) of his contract.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I’m watching it, he’s done really well again in a Germany side who look reinvigorated after Flick’s dismissal. And yes, the great man gave the ball away then got booked rugby tackling the bloke to make up for it. Seriously he looks a fully fledged international quality player. But we knew that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here