Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Groovin' for the Baby Boomers

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
I fancy going dancing. Where does an old bird go to prance to 60s/70s/80s stuff these days?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Funky Fish

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
my house, spinning the vinyl most Friday nights as a minimum - bit far away though innit?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
What is it with females and dancing? Real men only tackle the horizontal Jig. From the females in my family it's all about the Zumba now days, I think that counts as dancing. The larger females seem to be keen on Belly Dancing.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What is it with females and dancing? Real men only tackle the horizontal Jig. From the females in my family it's all about the Zumba now days, I think that counts as dancing. The larger females seem to be keen on Belly Dancing.

Speak for yourself.

It is in the DNA of every Englishman to be able to dance - however badly.

When we were in Holland for Euro 2000, we were in a bar in Utrecht, dancing at 3am like total spanners to Fatboy Slim. The (vair attractive) owner of the bar came up to us and she asked 'Are you crayshy guysh English or Irish...?' Puzzled, we said 'English. Why do you ask?'

'Becaushe (OK, I'll shtop - er, stop - now) the local boys and the German boys here don't dance. They just shuffle about, all embarrassed. You English guys love dancing, you're always first to dance - we love it'.

I'll go along with that.

worn_by_fk_art_lets_dance_madness_t-shirt.jpg

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove

Well, Zumba's not my bag. And I'm not large enough for belly-dancing. I expect they all do Zumba and belly-dancing because there's no dancing places anywhere these days. And I don't wanna listen to rap, let alone dance to it. I think I've found a gap in the market. I'm gonna buy or lease somewhere, and open up a discotheque so us old dancing queens can go right back where we came from in the 60s and 70s. Anyone interested?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Well, Zumba's not my bag. And I'm not large enough for belly-dancing. I expect they all do Zumba and belly-dancing because there's no dancing places anywhere these days. And I don't wanna listen to rap, let alone dance to it. I think I've found a gap in the market. I'm gonna buy or lease somewhere, and open up a discotheque so us old dancing queens can go right back where we came from in the 60s and 70s. Anyone interested?

TLO will be there. Dad dancing. :cool:

I've just remembered US tried to get us all out dancing at a Club in Brighton a couple of years ago. I think he was defeated by the apathy.

Last edited:

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
I can't believe none of you knows a prancing place for 60s has-beens! Or, I can't believe there isn't one in this great city of ours.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Same for this. Do you buy tickets online or just turn up, like in the olden days?

You just turn up. On a Friday the bloke there basically mashes up every 60's, 70's (and the odd 80's) dance track there's ever been.

Haven't been on a Saturday for a while.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here