Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greggs Katsu chicken pasty (with a sausage roll chaser)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Haven’t been in there for years but heard loads of people locally moaning about it, and plenty are fed up with the lazy twats who can’t be arsed to park their cars and walk 20 yards into the place and would rather block the nearby roundabout waiting in the drive-thru queue. From what I’ve heard one of the issues if the sheer number of delivery orders through Deliveroo etc they are dealing with and presumably prioritise……🤷‍♂️
I was so surprised, yesterday.
There must have been 30 to 50 cars in the 2 lanes of drive through, snaking back off the premises.
The Deliverooers have their own separate waiting room - rammed.
As I looked in the tables downstairs were all full and there must have been 20+ people stood looking up at the orders board, all areas with more people arriving.

09:45 on a Friday morning!!

Jnrs got a part time job in another local branch, so at least I can understand why that establishment is in the shite.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Sausage & Egg McMuffin or Bacon & Egg McMuffin?

Just have both...

(I walk/run by a bus stop with a massive picture of the Mighty McMuffin on it and, even as a vegetarian, I feel like I want one)
I am driving down from Glasgow tomorrow morning so, if they are serving these in the motorway services, I will take one for the team and report back (y)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There is a McDonalds in Newhaven (surprise, surprise I hear you say) it’s never crossed my mind to go there for breakfast.
You really don't know what you are missing. What you want is a sausage and egg Mcmuffin meal with hash brown and Orange juice. I will report back whether a Mighty Mcmuffin is a viable alternative once I have investigated further.

However, whatever you do (I take it you've seen Gremlins) never EVER cross the threshold of a Mcdonalds after 11 am. Trust me, you won't look back (y)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’m wondering what kind of weirdo goes into Maccys for breakfast :moo:

There is a McDonalds in Newhaven (surprise, surprise I hear you say) it’s never crossed my mind to go there for breakfast.
Not entirely sure how someone living in Newhaven can also be a snob. :) :kiss:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
You really don't know what you are missing. What you want is a sausage and egg Mcmuffin meal with hash brown and Orange juice. I will report back whether a Mighty Mcmuffin is a viable alternative once I have investigated further.

However, whatever you do (I take it you've seen Gremlins) never EVER cross the threshold of a Mcdonalds after 11 am. Trust me, you won't look back (y)
I don’t eat meat, so I wouldn’t be buying anything with sausage.
I’m not exactly mr jolly in the morning and going to Newhaven McDonalds wouldn’t make me any happier. 😠
I don’t mind a McFlurry though, but not in the morning.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don’t eat meat, so I wouldn’t be buying anything with sausage.
I’m not exactly mr jolly in the morning and going to Newhaven McDonalds wouldn’t make me any happier. 😠
I don’t mind a McFlurry though, but not in the morning.
I know when I'm beaten :bowdown:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The sort of weirdo who isn't weird enough to go there for lunch or dinner, that's why they invented homes with kitchens, pubs and restaurants :wink:
Only time I do is before boat fishing trips out of Brighton Marina…….park, meet mates in Maccy Ds for brekkie, get bait from the shop (virtually next door), board boat.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Their Christmas slice is lovely. Their bacon rolls are great value. Their sausage and bean slice is quite good.
The rest of it I would only eat in a pinch if I was in a rush. Greggs is a perfect example of a large corporate entity, churning out unhealthy glop in a factory paying minimum wage that has somehow managed to convince people that their product is homely and cosy.

McD’s breakfasts are genuinely ghastly. The only thing that was quite tasty was the bagels which they don’t offer anymore. If I’ve no choice but McD’s for breakfast I’ll get a bacon and cheese flatbread and slap a hash brown in it. That’s okay. ish.
Again, only if I was in a rush and more than five miles from the nearest smashed avocado.

As for the minions who bomb around delivering food to fatties, I won’t go into a place that has hordes of orange teenagers on mopeds besieging the place. Your food will take ages.
They prioritise the lazy. The old adage of “you serve who is in front of you” has been binned off. Now it’s “reward whoever supports the faceless corporations”.

Those delivery drivers depress me. The sight of them loitering about on every corner of every town is a sad indictment of our times.

Last edited:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Was in burgess hill yesterday evening , cars queued to pick up a McDonalds ! What’s that all about ..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Greggs is a perfect example of a large corporate entity, churning out unhealthy glop in a factory
simpsons-dreamy.gif

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Bacon and egg mcmuffin? Just no! Sausage and egg all the way. And to think I used to like your posts.

Well exactly. What kind of weirdo goes into Maccys for breakfast and doesn't get a Sausage and Egg.
The sausage patty thing is absolutely vile. Some kind of skinless, flattened cheap herby hotel sausage. The very thought of it is making me retch.

Bacon for me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The sausage patty thing is absolutely vile. Some kind of skinless, flattened cheap herby hotel sausage. The very thought of it is making me retch.

Bacon for me.
Finally someone else with gourmet level taste buds.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Sausage & Egg McMuffin or Bacon & Egg McMuffin?

Just have both...

(I walk/run by a bus stop with a massive picture of the Mighty McMuffin on it and, even as a vegetarian, I feel like I want one)
I am driving down from Glasgow tomorrow morning so, if they are serving these in the motorway services, I will take one for the team and report back (y)
I am afraid I am the bearer of sad tidings. As promised, I stopped on the M6 this morning and ordered a Mighty McMuffin. It's just a Sausage and egg muffin completely ruined by the addition of some dodgy bacon and sauce :nono:

And you can go back to your rabbit food @Bozza, knowing you're not missing anything.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Must admit I do find the Greggs sandwiches excellent - as someone who travels a fair bit for work, or did so - their overbite rolls are amazing - and good value as well.

Not quite as good as M&S ‘Best Ever’ Prawn Sandwich though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here