Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Green Woodpecker

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I saw a green woodpecker in the rockery opposite Preston Park, when I was on the way to work the other morning. Possibly the most beautiful thing that Iv'e seen since Leon's winner at home to Watford the other week.
I look after the Rockery and i've seen lots of woodpeckers in there this summer.....both green and greater spotted. In fact, a GS came into the chalet (the building in the rockery) a few weeks ago and caused absolute mayhem!!!
There's loads in Preston Park, you'll often hear them drumming or yaffling but rarely see them

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I have seen Green Woodpeckers in my front and back gardens, also regularly see Greater Spotted eating peanuts on the bird feeder in my back garden, I do live very close to some woods though.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I love the outdoors. I’m just back from a walk, and saw a deer, pheasant and then a rabbit. Amazing variety my local butcher…

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
We get greater spotted woodpeckers almost daily in our garden in Hove, but boy have they made a mess of a couple of tree trunks. One smaller tree in particular has had almost all the bark taken off it and now they are working their way along the branches! I’m guessing there are some tasty snacks crawling along the tree somewhere and I don’t want to put them off visiting, but wouldn’t mind encouraging them to follow a more balanced diet that didn’t involve wrecking our trees!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here