Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Green man getting a huff over pink bikes for girls!

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Fact that he tweeted it was going to cause a stir, and the argus pounced. They hate the greens, as do most normal people who arnt students, or dirty smelly tree hugging vegitarians

Zamora For England

Sep 27, 2006
Hurstpierpoint
Halfords sell silver, black and white kids' bikes, too.

When I was a manager there, a lot of girls would opt for these instead of pink. It's not as though when you buy a girls' bike from the horrible orange warehouse place, you are forced to buy pink (off topic one boy once chose a pink bike, to the dismay of his parents).

It is simple market strategy at the end of the day, go into a toy store and see how different the 'alien/police/army vs pink princess' divide is in there.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I see you have already ninja edited your claim he doesn't refer to their colour because he does doesn't he. "appalling predilection for pink and purple"

Actually "nauseating predilection". Free typed instead of copying. But he does mention bikes. And pink.

Didn't expect me to have read it did you? And Christ it's like Rik from the Young Ones only with an irony by-pass. Your cooking blog is better. Way, way better.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I just said I'm going to vote :-/

No you said you don't see the point. Then 5 minutes later you said you MAY. Good on you if you do though, it's people's apathy that landed us with the clowns running the circus.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
No you said you don't see the point. Then 5 minutes later you said you MAY. Good on you if you do though, it's people's apathy that landed us with the clowns running the circus.
I will be moving back to the city in August and come local election time will vote strategically to oust the muppeteers that are running the B & H City Council, and if that means voting Labour then so be it and that took alot of courage to say let alone think.

They are clearly well out of their depth, and haven't taken long in alienating probably the vast majority of the City's residents.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The Argus Comments Section is a sight - and a site - to behold.

The R-A-G-E emanating from there is something quite spectacular. I've got images of salivating, angry do-gooders going round actively looking for... something - anything - to get angry about, and the Argus usually obliges them with non-stories like this. Pick a topic - any topic - and you've got miserable people deliberately jumping into the path of a Misery juggernaut, waiting for it to plough them over.

Talk about a toilet paper playing to its own gallery...

I rekon that if Caroline Lucas and Jason Kitkat were caught red handed on the 6 o'clock news being gangbanged by a heard of donkeys, The Large one would still be on here trying to justify it somehow :lolol:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Don't agree.

Just been through the figures comparing the most recent council election results with the previous ones.

For a start - and we are comparing like-with-like for wards and councillors - there were 8,000 more votes cast last year than the previous election (90,036 v 82,258). Plus there were seats that the Tories lost (to Lab and Green) where their vote increased.

The 2011 election was a culmination of the growing support the Greens had at various elections (GE, Europe, local) for the previous six or seven years.

I'm sure things will change again in 2014, but the figures seem to indicate it wasn't voter apathy - not in comparative terms.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here