Greatest sporting event you have been to other than football?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
C&G Trophy circa 2002 - Sussex v Surrey. Adam Hollioake scored an incredible century in the last 15 overs of the innings, bypassing Mark Ramprakash's score along the way who had about a 75 run head start on him. Think Surrey scored 400 that day, or very close to it.

Not quite as many as I thought, 337 as it turned out. Still, it was a thrilling match as Sussex only lost by 14 runs despite Hollioake's brilliance. A good day's cricket when you get to see 660 runs scored.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Hatton Vs Pacquiao Vegas
Calzaghe Vs Lacy Manchester
Froch Vs Kessler London
2012 London Olympic Boxing Semi Finals

England Vs Australia 3rd day 5th test Oval 2013
Sussex Vs Lancashire 2006 C&G final Lords

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Super Saturday at the 2012 London games. Cost a f'ing fortune to take the four of us, but boy was it worth it. The atmosphere when Jessica Ennis crossed the finishing line was awesome.

enterprise

Jul 12, 2010
Rugby World Cup final win in 2003 and then the defeat in Paris in 2007
All 3 Lions games down under in 2001
Moscow Flyer winning the Tingle Creek at Sandown in 2004. Probably the best 2 mile chase ever when beating Azertyuiop and Well Chief.
Haven't missed a day of the Cheltenham Festival for the last 12 years and win or lose they are pretty special weeks

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Monaco GP 1976 & 78
Le Mans 1979
PGA golf at Wentworth last 8 yrs
The first Gillette cup final.
The Ryder Cup at the Belfry when Sam Torrance sank the winning putt.
Taking my son to watch the Miami Dolphins at Wembley, don't ask me who won for like most blokes there the cheerleaders were worth the ticket money ten times over.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Harlequins winning their only Premiership title at Twickenham last year

View attachment 50508

Also, the final day at The Oval in 2005 and the famous Flintoff throw that put England on course to regain the Ashes on that evening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports