Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great Forgotten TV Programmes

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Can anyone remember a 70's drama set in Birmingham and a lot to do with drugs? I know it was 'cutting edge' and had a great theme tune, just can't remember anything else?

I think this is Gangsters. It was a terrific programme - a spin-off from Play for Today and starring the late Maurice Colbourne

I can vaguely recall a kids TV drama that used to be on ITV in the 70's called Ace of Spades or something similar. It was genuinely scary, lots of stuff about evil powers coming through telephone wires etc. Lots of ravens, and the 'hero' had black hair, beard etc.

You mean Ace of Wands. It was a truly excellent programme, they only made two series of it, much to my disappointment. Great theme tune too.

My favourite forgotten programme is Roger Doesn't Live Here Anymore, a very black sit-com about a guy whose marriage breaks up. It starred some excellent actors - Jonathan Pryce was the lead, Norman Rodway was an unconventional doctor - and was extremely funny and painful to watch at the same time.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
The Flashing Blade &

The Time Tunnel

FLASHING BLADE... that's what I was thinking of!

What about the Beiderbecke Tapes?

Watch with Mother comprising:
Mon - Picture Book
Tues - Andy Pandy
Wed - The Flowerpot Men
Thur - Rag, Tag and Bobtail
Fri - THE WOODENTOPS
Mummy and Daddy Woodentop, Jenny, Willy and baby, Mrs Scrabbit, Sam (who helped in the fields and we all knew was Jenny and Willy's father really), Buttercup the Cow and finally Spotty Dog - "the biggest spotty dog you ever did see!"

I'll come quietly doctor....................................

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
Big deal (Robbie Box)

Give us a break (Robert Lindsay and one of the McGanns, small time con men who were good at snooker)

Hold the back page (Ken Wordsworth, journo, diffrent sporting adventure every week)

Survivors (Terry Nation, almost everyone on the planet dies)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
15 years on :smile: :

Drop The Dead Donkey - every episode was chaotic brilliant comedy. Reminded of this, as the actress Hadyn Gwynne sadly passed away this week.

Carrie’s War
Living in the Past - a BBC recreation of an Iron Age roundhouse and community.
Survivors - a scary post plague world.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Drop The Dead Donkey - every episode was chaotic brilliant comedy. Reminded of this, as the actress Hadyn Gwynne sadly passed away this week.

Carrie’s War
I had a warm reception for her 😥

She was impressive in Spooks so I recall.

(And what about Vr5? Another great TV prog that has vanished)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Carrie’s War
My youngest bro is obsessed with survivors. My guess is there must have been a fetching female actress in it :whistle:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The 75-76 Survivors series freaked me out.
I hope you have recovered.

No alluring actresses to distract you, sufficiently, then?

Perhaps I have underestimated little bro....

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Brass, picture perfect spoof of all the worthy working class dramas from the previous few years and probably the only ITV Comedy I have ever watched...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here