[Football] Grealish

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I said at the start of the game how long before they say he is the most fouled player in the PL. Its wrong though the stat should be the most fouls won.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
And again a ref bought the play acting and screaming as he went down. The **** is falling before he’s even tackled most of the time. Absolute CJTC

You’re not a Brummie by any chance?

That's why Jack isn't playing for one of the big clubs, hus tendancy to go to ground. It probably suits Villa as it buys them time to receive pressure and wins dangerous free kicks, but too clubs would get frustrated as it would mean stop start all the time and break up the flow and momentum too teams can build up.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That's why Jack isn't playing for one of the big clubs, hus tendancy to go to ground. It probably suits Villa as it buys them time to receive pressure and wins dangerous free kicks, but too clubs would get frustrated as it would mean stop start all the time and break up the flow and momentum too teams can build up.

His England performances question that.

But I suspect he's a bit of a lazy home boy, like Le Tissier. Wouldn't want to move away from his mates. Plus he does love the Villa. Rather the opposite of Zaha, who wants away, looks sulky and yet is a top fellah off the pitch with his social conscience and generosity. Funny old world.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I hate the way he buys free kicks - it really is cheating. But beyond that, he is a great talent but quite under whelming. He show boats and delivers too little. The really great players kill you off in an instant, he has loads of the ball and doesn’t hurt you nearly enough. I didn’t really see him as dangerous today, he needs a much better manger to make him into the player that he could be. Villa had far more dangerous players.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
His England performances question that.

But I suspect he's a bit of a lazy home boy, like Le Tissier. Wouldn't want to move away from his mates. Plus he does love the Villa. Rather the opposite of Zaha, who wants away, looks sulky and yet is a top fellah off the pitch with his social conscience and generosity. Funny old world.

I have some sympathy for Jack on this. Often modern footballers are portrayed as selfish and disloyal, then someone like him sticks to his home town club who he adores, almost single handedly gets them promoted and then survival and he gets accused of lacking ambition for staying there. Boy can't win.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I hate the way he buys free kicks - it really is cheating. But beyond that, he is a great talent but quite under whelming. He show boats and delivers too little. The really great players kill you off in an instant, he has loads of the ball and doesn’t hurt you nearly enough. I didn’t really see him as dangerous today, he needs a much better manger to make him into the player that he could be. Villa had far more dangerous players.

May I offer the suggestion that this was the result of Potter's planning and our players' ability to conduct themselves appropriately? In contrast to how we let Zaha sting us towards the end of the away game but one ago with the Croydon cloggers? ???

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I have some sympathy for Jack on this. Often modern footballers are portrayed as selfish and disloyal, then someone like him sticks to his home town club who he adores, almost single handedly gets them promoted and then survival and he gets accused of lacking ambition for staying there. Boy can't win.

Please stop calling him Jack, it makes you look like a fanboy. However, I am with you regarding his talent.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
He buys free kicks. But - every single one was a foul. He didn't dive once to my memory. He's a great player and I truly admire him, he has such with his boyhood club through three seasons in the championship and a relegation battle and he is now getting the plaudits and international recognition he deserves.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
A092AC0C-4740-4035-B459-66A48A9E46F8.jpeg

Is the only Grealish who should have a thread on NSC!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I'm struggling to hear "loyalty" and Jack Grealish in the same sentence as an Irish fan.

He was quite happy to stick the knife into the country of parents/grandparents after representing them for years (and a very Irish upbringing) when he got a sniff of the extra money and success that might come with playing for England.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I'm struggling to hear "loyalty" and Jack Grealish in the same sentence as an Irish fan.

He was quite happy to stick the knife into the country of parents/grandparents after representing them for years (and a very Irish upbringing) when he got a sniff of the extra money and success that might come with playing for England.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Trapatalk nonsense

I think Jack's grown up a lot since then but he's lived in England his entire life so he shouldn't be castigated fir choosing the country of his birth and his upbringing.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
He goes down as easy as murray its an art not many players have it. Gets his body infront of the ball and goes down to win the free kick. Clever but annoying to play against. Sadly a tiny touch gets you a foul now.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
It's not just the diving, it's the shit like picking up Veltman after he'd been elbowed today and his general cocky **** demeanour. Good player, but the bloke is a prick, and that's not even mentioning the alleged drink driving incident he wormed his way out of.

I won't be getting emotionally invested in an England team that has this **** in it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I'll whisper this then

He's killed us off in 4 of the last 5 games - one of them costing us a League title.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I think Jack's grown up a lot since then but he's lived in England his entire life so he shouldn't be castigated fir choosing the country of his birth and his upbringing.
He shouldn't have played for Ireland for 5 years then and made several statements reaffirming his commitment to the country. We're talking about loyalty, not national identity.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Great player, awful human being.

has he killed anyone , robbed anyone , battered any old ladies , stabbed any teenagers ?? , no .......yes he's a diving **** and a party boy but awful human being is a bit dramatic , he's a young lad from a city that makes Brighton look like a blimming tea party , he's made good and has the world at his feet ..literally , he has been thoroughly idiotic and hopefully will be a better person for it , he'll probably remain a **** on the pitch though.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports