Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Graham potter turns down Ajax ...

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Variation on the issue, IMHO I think England go close again at the Euro’s, Southgate says it’s time for another manager to have a crack.

Ratcliffe sacks Ten Haag, Southgate goes to United and Potter gets the England job.

So it’s two sections of supporters frustrated 😂

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Maybe it was just me, but I didn’t ever feel we were in danger.
Absolutely right. We were hovering above the real danger until 2 or 3 games to go when it got a bit anxious, then I think Neal Maupay scored a winner at home to Arsenal to finally put it to bed.

But this is all nonsense really and is entirely down to Justice picking pointless holes ito deflect from the rest of the post that called out his bollocks.

This is the original post:

What a load of bollocks, RDZ came into a team that had finally clicked. Finishing 9th after several seasons of relegation battles not to mention the turnaround when football started again after the shutdown was a major turning point. Sure RDZ shifted things up a gear, but to accuse Potter of not achieving much is bloody absurd.
If Nick had instead said "several seasons hovering above and flirting with the relegation battles below", he'd have been spot on. Justice was talking absolute shit.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
After the absolutely appalling football and tactics against Saints, Bournemouth and Cardiff? You must have had Elton John sized Albion tinted glasses on. If Palace hadn’t beaten Cardiff away, we’d have almost certainly gone down. The form at the end of that season was nailed on relegation form, thank God for the very lucky three 1-0 victories on the bounce early in the season and Palace bailing us out.

We stank the division out that season. For me it was embarrassing to watch and given how CH did in his next job at Forest TB was 100% vindicated in his decision to sack CH. Potter got brickbats throughout his tenure here from many of the fans who were gutted at CH being sacked and was never going to gain their support, as seen by the continuing slagging off of his time here by a few :shrug:
She's not talking about that season is she? That was Hughton's final season.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
1714001469987.png

Ajax?, isn't that an American cleaning soap?

1714001570931.png

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Maybe it was just me, but I didn’t ever feel we were in danger.
I felt the same. It was hairy and frustrating at times but we always kept our head just above the water. I wouldn’t say we were in a relegation battle, more we flirted with relegation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here