Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Graham Potter OUT

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I do love some data.

The database hasn't been updated yet so it doesn't include today's game but here's the numbers, the cold hard stats of shots faced and shots taken for our first six games:

stats.JPG

So, obviously City destroyed us in terms of shots (and goals) but looking at the numbers it would appear we give more than we get, generally speaking.

The Watford game they had more shots but came away with f**k all. I imagine Watford fans would look at those numbers and feel much like we do about the Burnley game.
Southampton game we had equal shots and one less on target. Not bad playing with ten men for an hour.
Newcastle hit double figures but we still came out on top there. Shot wise, not points wise obviously.
Burnley is the kicker. One sodding shot on target.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I know we deserved to lose today, but how did Burn not score from the header at the corner that hit the bar?

NSC would have been spared Spence at least tonight.

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
Clearly, and not surprisingly, beaten by a Chelsea team who are nailed on to finish top 6 imo. Even so, we could have snuck a goal or two if we had been as fortunate as Burnley who we outclassed last week. Trossard has become a key player very quickly and we are missing his pace and guile and missed Propper today. Lots of positive changes - notably Maupay, Burn and Alzate - and certainly far too early for Spence style panicking (yearning for the team and manager to get booed off at home is ridiculous) and nothing like the Hypia slump from sneaking into the play offs to relegation candidates in The Championship.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
The defending under him has been nothing but shambolic. He is the new Hyypia. Get this clown out now. The warning signs were there weeks ago. You made a massive mistake Bloom appointing him so hold your hands up and admit you got it wrong. Sack him.

Terrible defending and no goals. Every match we all over over the place at the back it's fecking disgraceful.

POTTER OUT

Put your money where your very loud mouth is.

£50 says we stay up if Potter is in charge all season. Winnings to REMF.

Or you a spineless attention seeking loudmouth?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Let's judge him when he gets all the injured players back fully match fit

I can't even bring myself to type anything about this being too soon (etc etc) because we are so much better than last season, and this season has hardly started.

**** me, this thread's on a par with one started by someone seeing a Spaniard selling onions in the market and saying 'that's it - we need to leave the EU!!!!'. I feel contempt.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I know we deserved to lose today, but how did Burn not score from the header at the corner that hit the bar?

NSC would have been spared Spence at least tonight.
No chance! He'd have been in like Flynn telling us it was a fluke, we were lucky, our luck wouldn't hold and we'd be deservedly destroyed in all our remaining 31 matches. Doomed! Doomed, he'd tell you!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Put your money where your very loud mouth is.

£50 says we stay up if Potter is in charge all season. Winnings to REMF.

Or you a spineless attention seeking loudmouth?

I'm in too. A separate £50.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I can't even bring myself to type anything about this being too soon (etc etc) because we are so much better than last season, and this season has hardly started.

**** me, this thread's on a par with one started by someone seeing a Spaniard selling onions in the market and saying 'that's it - we need to leave the EU!!!!'. I feel contempt.

Can't believe anybody really thought we could take the game to Chelsea. Newcastle last week was good very good all that was missing was a goal and that was by inches. I'm sure we will be fine

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010
We have good players. I'm convinced of that. Just managed by a clown. Of course the recruitment this summer has been poor and letting Andone and Locadia go without bringing in replacements is simply criminal.

Potter is way out of his depth and quite frankly embarrassing

I’m starting to think you might be right
Early days see how after 10 games

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

If poor desperate Spaniards are forced to travel all the way to Faversham to try and flog their onions to make some sort of a living, then Spain is probably f***ed and needs to leave the EU!

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
No chance! He'd have been in like Flynn telling us it was a fluke, we were lucky, our luck wouldn't hold and we'd be deservedly destroyed in all our remaining 31 matches. Doomed! Doomed, he'd tell you!

Just as he will if we beat Spurs next week, it will all be down to Spurs woeful away form and we will just have been lucky to play them when they are in a bad run.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Overreaction or not doesn’t excuse the fact our passing is appalling, we get pushed off the ball to easily and can’t shoot (big problem in football). Also despite giants players no headed goals is another problem.

Now onto things that aren’t Potters fault. 3 seasons we have struggled to score and don’t seem to ever address it (36 year old war horse, championship punt and an under 23 or main options is a joke). The likes of Bong and Schilleto are back in the squad and shouldn’t be near it plus gambling on an untested manager.

Not looking good but live in hope.

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
The defending under him has been nothing but shambolic. He is the new Hyypia. Get this clown out now. The warning signs were there weeks ago. You made a massive mistake Bloom appointing him so hold your hands up and admit you got it wrong. Sack him.

Terrible defending and no goals. Every match we all over over the place at the back it's fecking disgraceful.

POTTER OUT

You have an agenda. And are also a bell end

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Andone? Ali J? Locadia? Remember plenty defending these duffers with that old chestnut ‘give him time’. The PL don’t give you time boy. Football don’t. Hit dat floor runnin or flat iron your face.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here