Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] GP: I think that anyone who criticises someone like Dan Burn doesn't understand football.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
“Just let the experts talk”
Did he really say that? I am not a fan of this side of Potter as a manager, seems to forget why (some) people watch footy, the emotion, the feeling vested in the team and club etc. Reminded me of Graham Taylor
“Let me do the worrying - that's what I'm paid for. Get your feet up in front of the telly, get a few beers in and have a good time.”

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Did he really say that? I am not a fan of this side of Potter as a manager, seems to forget why (some) people watch footy, the emotion, the feeling vested in the team and club etc. Reminded me of Graham Taylor
“Let me do the worrying - that's what I'm paid for. Get your feet up in front of the telly, get a few beers in and have a good time.”

Personally I think its very refreshing - maybe he got a bit subconciously zlatanised during the years over here - with a bit of cockyness and "us against the world" mentality and would actually like to see a bit more of it from him.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
BDB started awfully. He was out of position as Mo ran riot and should have scored. Yes, BDB got better. Yes, he assisted the goal. But...

Yes, he lost us the game at Leicester and has been a contributor to other poor results.

Suck on that Potter. Them’s the facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
BDB started awfully. He was out of position as Mo ran riot and should have scored. Yes, BDB got better. Yes, he assisted the goal. But...

Yes, he lost us the game at Leicester and has been a contributor to other poor results.

He needs to go and spend £45m on a replacement I guess. After he buys you your £60m striker obviously.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Listen to it rather than just read the words...you will see context of his reply ..you will hear the question he is asked ..and perhaps see that “experts” was a wide term...applying to pundits etc? It doesn’t sound offensive at all

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Personally I think its very refreshing - maybe he got a bit subconciously zlatanised during the years over here - with a bit of cockyness and "us against the world" mentality and would actually like to see a bit more of it from him.

You surprise me :lolol:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

There's about 25 other players in the squad who were also "contributors" to non-won games and very few of them got the level of shiet BDB had to take for having 4 or 5 bad performances in 49 league games.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington

Actually listening to what he said, I don't see how anybody could take offence at it

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

It was Webster at fault as he failed to move closer to Salah as BDB moved up to press Alexander Arnold in anticipation of a pass. The space left by that one lapse was effectively exploited by Liverpool.

Of course if you knew anything about football ...

Not sure why GP needs to make a little dig like that. I suppose it show’s he’s human but given his academic background in EI I am a bit surprised.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

I assumed he was talking about pundits, not fans.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

:facepalm:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

You still here? Transfer window shut 3 days ago.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
BDB is an inspiration to tall, ungainly central defenders everywhere (ahem). He has done some things brilliantly, other things not so well. But I applaud his every success and would absolutely love to see him score a goal.

However, it sounds from what Potter said as if trying hard and doing his best is what has got Burn into the team, and that as long as he does that, a few howlers like the ones he made in the Wolves game can be overlooked. I'd be rather worried if that was what he meant but I suppose he felt it didn't need saying that BDB has to be good enough in the first place.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
ANYONE who says that someone else "doesn't understand football" is clearly being a cock. Them's the rules, and always were

What about if that someone else is Spence?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Is the most stupid thing he’s said since he’s been here IMO......

Just washes over me to be honest, as it’s nonsense and GP is clever enough not to criticise his own players, and protect them wherever possible (which of course is correct).

After Burn’s magnificent display this was an opportunity for GP and he took it.

If Burn can maintain this level of performance I’m sure we’d all be delighted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here