Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gove OUT in cabinet reshuffle

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
But results are up are they not.

Any particular results?

Gove is no better or worse than other education ministers.

He's one of the most ideologically driven education ministers, or indeed minister of any sort, I have seen in a long time. Ignorance of the realities of education, blanket statements about the entire teaching profession, denying reductions in money available to schools, proclaiming the importance of a standard curriculum whilst allowing free schools to employ unqualified staff to teach whatever they feel like, continual alteration of OFSTED targets, pitting teachers against one another by using rebased averages every year rather than a set level of performance... there are more but that's a flavour for your.

He is a tory, so must be wrong.

Not automatically, although without any other information it would be a fair bet

If the teachers unions are not fighting something then they will cease to exist.

I don't care about unions but I do care about the education of children in this country, and as such I know which side I'm on.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
But results are up are they not. Or is this just figure massaging. Gove is no better or worse than other education ministers. He is a tory, so must be wrong. If the teachers unions are not fighting something then they will cease to exist.

1) Exam boards chop and change grade boundaries all the time to make results look as good as possible, so yes, I believe it is "figure massaging".

2) "He is a tory, so must be wrong", for someone who has displayed such narrow-minded views to accuse others of prejudice comes across as a bit rich.

3) What, so you think teachers enjoy protesting?

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Gove has gone so now it will all be ok. It has been nice but I have to go and start my evening job. It's a tough graft out in the real world. Keep fighting the power and may your 6 week holiday be sunny.....I believe the children are the future teach them well.

You really don't need to go to your evening class in condescension, you have it down pat.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Gove has gone so now it will all be ok. It has been nice but I have to go and start my evening job. It's a tough graft out in the real world. Keep fighting the power and may your 6 week holiday be sunny.....I believe the children are the future teach them well.

Are you saying that teachers don't live in the real world and don't graft like everyone else? :facepalm:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
What does Uncle C do for a job? Or does he not have one in case he becomes a 'pawn' of the establishment and instead stays at home bashing one out all day.

For the record, i'm not a teacher, nor am I close to any teachers but I can fully understand what a total shitstorm his time in office caused.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

When I said you don't know what you're on about, it wasn't an open invitation for you to carry on proving it.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic springs to mind

I'm not convinced the next election is a Labour shoe-in, as many seem to think.

Ed Milliband simply isn't electable in my opinion and Labour have yet to distance themselves from their reputation as irresponsible with public money (whether you agree with it or not). Is Ed the 21st century Kinnock? - ie likely to preside over an election defeat to a generally unpopular Tory party.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I'm not convinced the next election is a Labour shoe-in, as many seem to think.

Ed Milliband simply isn't electable in my opinion and Labour have yet to distance themselves from their reputation as irresponsible with public money (whether you agree with it or not). Is Ed the 21st century Kinnock? - ie likely to preside over an election defeat to a generally unpopular Tory party.

I wouldn't put my house on a Labour majority but the Tories didn't win the last election so I see no way they can win the next one

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I wouldn't put my house on a Labour majority but the Tories didn't win the last election so I see no way they can win the next one

This. They nasty party have lost votes, not gained them. No chance they will be in power next year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here