Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Got ejected at 19.37 and looking at a two year ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Right, I learnt this at the age of 6.

If I wanted my sweets but was having an argument with my mum, even if I KNOW I'm not in the wrong, I would shut up to have my sweets.
Blimey, you were a smart kid. A lot of us still haven't learnt that subtle skill. I trust you're now the head of some mega conglomerate?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
This is a wind-up I reckon - who was it who tried this sort of thing last time, Southern Sid was it?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I went to the game last night straight from work so I had a bag.
Steward: Can i have a quick look in your bag please?
Me: Yes (opens bag for steward to look inside)
Steward: (looks inside bag) Thanks.
I enter the ground and enjoy the game

It's really not that tricky is it

My experience was similiar. They asked what I had in there, I said "A load of newspapers", they said "Are you coming to read them or watch the match?" and then they let me. Massive Banter, but maybe I was lucky

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
If it went as you say it did, I think you had a very valid point but you raised it to the wrong people at the wrong time. Some of the stewards are grunts without the ability to deal with debate and reason. Choose your time and place more wisely.

If you get a two year ban for what you did, I would say that is madness.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Why don't you just claim that you did actually have flairs and fireworks stuffed in you're pants and that you query was only to protect those around you?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
As me ole mam used to say "You pays for yer learning son!"

If this is all true, I'd suggest a user name change from Bigbelly to Bigmouth.
Also a read up on "Freedom of speech" which far to many people interpret as I can say whatever I want, whenever I want, to whoever I want.
Unfortunately, there is a law against this as there are things that you are NOT allowed to say in public.

Too many pies has been cited as a possible issue, my money is on too many beers.
Stewards are enforcing the rules and are in a position of authority - engage in disrespectful banter at your peril.

Anyway, every cloud .....
Now you'll have more time to spend with your dad.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
As me ole mam used to say "You pays for yer learning son!"

If this is all true, I'd suggest a user name change from Bigbelly to Bigmouth.
Also a read up on "Freedom of speech" which far to many people interpret as I can say whatever I want, whenever I want, to whoever I want.
Unfortunately, there is a law against this as there are things that you are NOT allowed to say in public.

Too many pies has been cited as a possible issue, my money is on too many beers.
Stewards are enforcing the rules and are in a position of authority - engage in disrespectful banter at your peril.

Anyway, every cloud .....
Now you'll have more time to spend with your dad.
Are you allowed to speak about the Hillsborough disaster in public?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You can say anything to an individual in public, it is up to them whether they find it offensive or hateful and wish to pursue the matter. Problems arise when you start spouting off in front of a gathering of people. Not sure what Hillsborough has to do with owt though.

D

Deleted member 18477

All of this.

In spirit I am with BigBelly in that the stewards are heavy handed. But then that's what you get in the North Stand. Don't give them reason to be. Your bag will get searched at most grounds in England. In 1901 you can walk in with anything and they don't search you, but that's football these days.

I know you have a lot going on in your life and perhaps football is an escape from that, like for many of us it's 90 minutes without the toil of the real world and some of the bad things in life. But that is also why you need to make sure you can still go. It's a big part of your life and you don't want to lose it.

Go to the club one morning, be humble, apologetic, write a note to the steward in question apologising for what you said, and just accept that you went overboard.

I am pretty sure that that will mean you won't be on an extended ban. I'll even offer to come with you and explain (confirm) some of the stuff you have to deal with at the moment if you think it will help to have someone else there to control the situation and avoid it becoming another he said she said argument.

Time to eat a bit of humble pie for the greater good of still watching the stripes.

Hope all is well with you otherwise though.

well said! couldnt agree more.

'control the situation and avoid it becoming another he said she said argument' is the key here! be calm and sympathetic and i'm sure you wont get a 2 year ban.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Anyone suggesting he 'shouldn't get lippy in future' is a fool. He can say what he wants, they have no authority to ban him for asking questions.

What a ridiculous comment. Of course he can't just say what he wants. If he said: "If you touch my bag I'll punch your f**king lights out", that what be perfectly OK, would it? He clearly made a sexist remark to the steward, which was a pretty stupid thing to do. Secondly, the club have the authority to ban anyone they want. So you are wrong on both counts.

I can't understand why the OP just didn't let them check his bag. They check my bag every time as well. No problem at all. What is the issue with it, exactly?

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
why do people seem to think it is their right to act like children and not be treated as such?

if you would have allowed a simple search of your bag you could have necked at least 8 pies by full time.

stewards are there to do a job and make things safe for all of us. How they are the bad guys is beyond me. Just do as you are told and behave like a normal human being and you can enjoy some great football and amazing atmospheres for as long as you like. Simple isn't it really.....

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
If the female steward was in her 50's, about 5 ft 6 with longish curly mousy hair and looks a bit like she could have been an addict in the past, then she's always been a power hungry little munter. She used to point me out to the male stewards at the withdean and get them to search me every single time I was queuing for the turnstiles. It really wouldn't surprise me if she is the steward in this case as she LOVES it when she can do thing like this. Would imagine she would cream her BHAFC issue trousers if she heard someone say 'pants bomber.'

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
If the female steward was in her 50's, about 5 ft 6 with longish curly mousy hair and looks a bit like she could have been an addict in the past, then she's always been a power hungry little munter. She used to point me out to the male stewards at the withdean and get them to search me every single time I was queuing for the turnstiles. It really wouldn't surprise me if she is the steward in this case as she LOVES it when she can do thing like this. Would imagine she would cream her BHAFC issue trousers if she heard someone say 'pants bomber.'

Think I know the one you mean!

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Can anything get any worse. f*** sake.

What is up with stewards I ask? I'll fight the ban all the way.

Got the train from London Bridge and arrived in Brighton bang on 17 hrs and dropped into the Queens head for a beer, while waiting I picked up my Laptop across the road that was being fixed. 2 beers later I headed to the Amex with Sean. As I went into the north east corner I was asked If they could search my bag, This is an issue I've had for 5 times for evening matches since attending the Amex and said as always it contains my Laptop and work clothes.

After a few minutes of chatting I asked like I always do why search just my bag as I could have said items on the wall in my coat, jeans, pants like the Muslim pants bomber so why just search my bag? They said bags are the main items that Flares, explosives would be hidden, I laughed and said yeah right, and how do you think Flares are taken into grounds when the party animals know you only search bags? I said fine search my bag but why not search my coat, jeans, underwear, you never know what is hidden down there. The female steward asked to search me, and so she did, It was just a quick rub down, I said is that it, you search my bag and empty it but just give me a quick frisk, why not feel my pants as I could have a big weapon down there.

One male steward could see the funny side but dare not laugh.

It got a bit political about airports and stuff and having been warned I was let in. Had a beer and 2 pies I took my seat, Felt like another pie so ventured down for a beer and pie, next minute (40 minutes later) I had 4 stewards around me and got asked by the female steward that I need a word about earlier comments, I said that was 40 minutes ago so what has changed?

She said - Lets just go outside and talk, I said you must think I'm stupid as I know I'm not coming back in and said why are you bringing this up now and not then? Nothing from her.

Got outside and there is the four stewards and 3 police officers, I just thought, yep, I'm heading home and not watching the game. I asked the stewards what (female steward) point she wanted to to make regarding my earlier comment but we didn't get to that, It was me arguing about right or wrongs, what can or can't be said.

Apparently she took offense about the pants bomber 40 minutes ealier, I did say it but it was true, f*** me, last time I looked we are a democracy, the oldest living democracy in living memory, freedom of speech only seems to work a few ways.

Things stated to get out of hand, the Lady steward wanted my season ticket and driving license which I said you've no chance but said I'll cooperate with the local police officers and if you require such items them you can view them if the police ask me, so I handed the season ticket over and other items, the stewards kept my season ticket and said I'm looking at a 2 year ban.

Come again I said? I said to the police officers that those 3 Hull fans who got arrested for homophobic chanting, singing, got a caution just like all away fans that are homophobic, all they get is a caution and a slap on the writs, I said I thought homophobia is the same offense as racists? So why am I being treated differently as I said about the pants bomber, how can the stewards look for a ban for me for banter but allow homophobic arrogant scum to spout homophobic crap but get a slap on the wrist?

Just said what ever, and walked off. The woman steward has my season ticket so don't know what to do, Direct action maybe?

Jesus Christ.... you had THREE pies in an hour.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
All of this.

In spirit I am with BigBelly in that the stewards are heavy handed. But then that's what you get in the North Stand. Don't give them reason to be. Your bag will get searched at most grounds in England. In 1901 you can walk in with anything and they don't search you, but that's football these days.

I know you have a lot going on in your life and perhaps football is an escape from that, like for many of us it's 90 minutes without the toil of the real world and some of the bad things in life. But that is also why you need to make sure you can still go. It's a big part of your life and you don't want to lose it.

Go to the club one morning, be humble, apologetic, write a note to the steward in question apologising for what you said, and just accept that you went overboard.

I am pretty sure that that will mean you won't be on an extended ban. I'll even offer to come with you and explain (confirm) some of the stuff you have to deal with at the moment if you think it will help to have someone else there to control the situation and avoid it becoming another he said she said argument.

Time to eat a bit of humble pie for the greater good of still watching the stripes.

Do yourself a favour BigBelly and ignore all comments on here other than this one. Hopefully we'll see you in your seat at the next home game.

- - - Updated - - -

All of this.

Do yourself a favour BigBelly and ignore all comments on here other than this one. Hopefully we'll see you in your seat at the next home game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here