got any players you wont be needing.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Red Side Of Sussex

Jul 25, 2009
When do you reckon those in charge at Crawley Town should get on the blower to those in charge at Brighton and enquire about players who could move up the A23 and do a job for us in League One.
I guess like all clubs Brighton will be improving their squad in the next couple of months, so could we see a few players do a decent job in league One for Crawley that didnt quite cut it in the championship for Brighton.
I wonder if you will oblige us with one or two quality loan players now we could offer them League One football.
So just in case any of you bump into Gus Poyet in the next few weeks,do us a favor, put a word in for your Sussex neighbours.ta in advance.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Steve Foster will do you a turn, ssshhh keep it secret though, I'm not a grass

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I reckon Gus should loan out Tommy to Crawley for a month or two to get his match fitness back up. Easily a good league one player and would benefit Crawley at the same time.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I reckon Gus should loan out Tommy to Crawley for a month or two to get his match fitness back up. Easily a good league one player and would benefit Crawley at the same time.

Stranger things have happened :)

Oct 25, 2003
we had quite a few players that played loads for us in league 1 but may be a tad frozen out next season

both of our goalkeepers have played in league 1....ankergren was our keeper for the title winning campaign....but to be honest both were "shakey" at championship level

marcos painter was an ever present (i think?) at left back and was mr. dependable...a bit too slow for the championship however

tommy elphick was injured all of last season, may be worth a loan to get his fitness back

by all account, ryan harley was brilliant for exeter in league 1....you can have him

vincelot, again, was very good for dagenham in league 1....he didn't play a great deal last year

dicker and sparrow are both good league 1 midfielders, depending on who we get in for next season at least 1 of them may want a bit more 1st team football

hoskins is a top league 1 striker and his career hasn't really taken off here....

plus if you're playing good football under SO'D then you might be a decent loan option for some of our young players (agdestein, forster-caskey, kasim, hall etc.)

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
He's based down here though, isn't he? Would saving him having to move.

Sorry, that was meant to be irony. Of course, he would be like any other scouser, would prefer to be 'down south' :)

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
we had quite a few players that played loads for us in league 1 but may be a tad frozen out next season

both of our goalkeepers have played in league 1....ankergren was our keeper for the title winning campaign....but to be honest both were "shakey" at championship level

marcos painter was an ever present (i think?) at left back and was mr. dependable...a bit too slow for the championship however

tommy elphick was injured all of last season, may be worth a loan to get his fitness back

by all account, ryan harley was brilliant for exeter in league 1....you can have him

vincelot, again, was very good for dagenham in league 1....he didn't play a great deal last year

dicker and sparrow are both good league 1 midfielders, depending on who we get in for next season at least 1 of them may want a bit more 1st team football

hoskins is a top league 1 striker and his career hasn't really taken off here....

plus if you're playing good football under SO'D then you might be a decent loan option for some of our young players (agdestein, forster-caskey, kasim, hall etc.)

Isn't that part of the learning/maturing experience though? Moving away, learning your trade, away from home, can you deal with it etc?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
possibly, but young players do TEND to stay fairly local with loan moves don't they? obviously there are exceptions

Wouldn't disagree but with ref to Tommy, he will be at the Amex next season because Gus rates him. He was awarded a year extension for two reasons, one it wouldn't cost lost the club a fortune & two, Gus rates him and wants him to prove his ability. Gus can see an ability in Tommy that others look over, thats why the club have stood by him. Tommy has composure on the ball that others don't always have, even though he is still learning his trade. A year down the line he has been offered a new contract even though he hasn't played? They rate him, have no doubt.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

You could actually build a pretty impressive league one team out of our castoffs, how far we have come :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports