Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gosbts

Oct 25, 2003
After much anticipation, and nearly setting foot on the wrong train that was heading for London Victoria, the waiting was over. Mixed feelings overcame me as I was about to come face to face with a handful of legends in a endless journey that took 47 minutes. It felt endless because I needed the toilet as soon as I got on, or maybe that was me pissing myself?

Brighton Station. As i got off I was welcomed by the dreary goofy smirk of a long mop head who stalked me with his eyes, I came to the conclusion it must be Scissorhands before I bumped in to the sight of Johnny, and a pleasant man who kindly demanded us to see our tickets because we appeared to be doing nothing other than 'looking for trouble'.

Distracted we were, lost in the world where we almost forgot to hitch our ride to Preston Park meant we had to leg it to a welcomed sight of Cocks, sorry Crocs and North Standers before a capacity crowd. Oh, and a headache.

To be continued ...

1066gull

tommy boy said:
After much anticipation, and nearly setting foot on the wrong train that was heading for London Victoria, the waiting was over. Mixed feelings overcame me as I was about to come face to face with a handful of legends in a endless journey that took 47 minutes. It felt endless because I needed the toilet as soon as I got on, or maybe that was me pissing myself?

Brighton Station. As i got off I was welcomed by the dreary goofy smirk of a long mop head who stalked me with his eyes, I came to the conclusion it must be Scissorhands before I bumped in to the sight of Johnny, and a pleasant man who kindly demanded us to see our tickets because we appeared to be doing nothing other than 'looking for trouble'.

Distracted we were, lost in the world where we almost forgot to hitch our ride to Preston Park meant we had to leg it to a welcomed sight of Cocks, sorry Crocs and North Standers before a capacity crowd. Oh, and a headache.

To be continued ...
Sake Tom!

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
That's better.

1066gull

You know, for someone who is 45 years old, you are incredibly immature for your age. You are meant to set an example.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Adriodinho said:

Would have been far better if you'd used the traditional music (ie: the piece they play as the teams come onto the pitch) rather than that horrible version...oh, and getting the words on the screen right ("for" not "of") might have helped too.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Adriodinho said:
You know, for someone who is 45 years old, you are incredibly immature for your age. You are meant to set an example.
Me, immature? Maybe. But I've still got more maturity in my big toe than you'll ever have in your whole body.
Thanks for your contribution though, but if I'd wanted to hear from somebody with your IQ, I'd be at Tescos talking to the vegetables.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Been said a hundred times, but I still think it would be great if we could sing the actual words to GOSBTS before launching onto the rousing chorus.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Re: Re: Gosbts

AlexFrutos said:
Would have been far better if you'd used the traditional music (ie: the piece they play as the teams come onto the pitch) rather than that horrible version...oh, and getting the words on the screen right ("for" not "of") might have helped too.

He is Thick as shit....................................give him a break ... :lolol: :lolol:

(neck preferably...:p :lolol: :p :lolol: )

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
sadly I have sung the full version a few times at concerts etc and it is very rousing

Krispies and I once sang it on the train on the way back from, watford...most of the people hadn't the faintest idea what the real words were.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Superphil said:
Been said a hundred times, but I still think it would be great if we could sing the actual words to GOSBTS before launching onto the rousing chorus.

I wholeheartedly agree. It would certainly fill some 'airspace' at Withers and the whole tune is fantastic, not just the chorus.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
1)
Now is the time for marching,
Now let your hearts be gay,
Hark to the merry bugles
Sounding along our way.
So let your voices ring my boys,
And take the time from me,
And I'll sing you a song as we march along,
Of Sussex by the Sea! For

(chorus)
We're the men from Sussex, Sussex by the Sea.
We plough and sow and reap and mow,
And useful men are we;
And when you go to Sussex,
Whoever you may be,
You may tell them all that we stand or fall
For Sussex by the Sea !
Oh Sussex, Sussex by the Sea !
Good old Sussex by the Sea !
You may tell them all that we stand or fall,
For Sussex by the Sea

2)
Up in the morning early,
Start at the break of day;
March till the evening shadows
Tell us it's time to stay.
We're always moving on my boys,
So take the time from me,
And sing this song as we march along,
Of Sussex by theSea. For . .
(chorus)

3)
Sometimes your feet are weary,
Sometimes the way is long,
Sometimes the day is dreary,
Sometimes the world goes wrong;
But if you let your voices ring,
Your care will fly away,
So we'll sing a song as we march along,
Of Sussex by the Sea. For . . .
(chorus)

4)
Light is the love of a soldier,
That's what the ladies say,
Lightly he goes a wooing,
Lightly he rides away.
In love and war we always are
As fair as fair can be,
And a soldier boy is a lady's joy
In Sussex by the Sea. For . . .
(chorus)

5)
Far o'er the seas we wander,
Wide thro' the world we roam;
Far from the kind hearts yonder,
Far from our dear old home;
But ne'er shall we forget my boys,
And true we'll ever be
To the girls so kind that we left behind
In Sussex by the Sea

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Never mind Norman Wisdom the version we sing should be:

"Going up AND WE'LL win the Cup" not "TO win the Cup" which only made sense when we were playing Man Utd at Wembley in 1983. Anybody who still sings "Going up to win the Cup" in 2006 is a thick, ignorant, straw-brained dullard.

..... and relax.

(I may have mentioned this before .....)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Guinness Dave said:
now you come to mention it :lolol:
Yeah I think my signature for a while had something along those lines - saved me having to type it every post.

I still hope that one day the collective intelligence of Brighton fans will rise above that of a cabbage patch but I'm not holding my breath .....

:D

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here