Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gorillaz replace U2

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Gorillaz have replaced U2 headlining glasto in Friday night.

With loads of the artists they have worked with playing over the weekend it could be quite a good move

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I would ruddy love to see Gorillaz live, even though I don't quite understand how it would work.

I would ruddy love to see Gorillaz live, even though I don't quite understand how it would work.

They've basically just started to play the music with the musician's who have always been behind the characters, I think they were on Jonathon Ross the other week and the band looks a bit like a retirement home for day's gone by eccentrics.

Either way I am a massive fan and it will be excellent to see them performing as with all their other shows they have never disappointed.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Just out of interest, it's doing my head in, How do you attach a youtube video rather than just the link?

:dunce: :facepalm:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Not sure they are headline material really. Whilst I think this is a slightly underwhelming announcement it does mean I am now unlikely to be dragged to the Pyramid stage friday night so I can wander around elsewhere, which is nice.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not quite headliners, are they? You need at least 5-6 globally known tunes/amazing stage presence I reckons.

Perhaps they will put on an amazing visual show, hopefully.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
A bit of negativity on here about this news, I have to say that it is gong to be a lot better than you give them credit for. Expect a few corking collaborations.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Don't get me wrong, I like quite a bit of their stuff. Just not convinced they're "headliner at Glastonbury" just yet.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
they are globally known - huge all over US, Europe and Asia. There live shows are good as they use video screens to show the characters playing instruments etc - should be good if they can get it together in time.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Tell me gents, how does being 'globally known' affect their ability to move 100,000 people at Glastonbury?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
F**king result. I'm well pleased with this announcement.

As for them not being headliners.....Friday night at Glasto has a tradition of allowing newer bands to step up to the plate. I'm not sure what full criteria you are using to make this claim but Pulp, Kings Of Lyon and Arctic Monkeys all immediately spring to mind as possibly 'lesser' bands who have headlined Friday night.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm thinking this is going to be one hell of a year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here