Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gordon McQueen

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My ex was a Leeds fan so I used to toddle along to Elland Road with him, so watched McQueen and Joe Jordan playing.
They both transferred to Manchester United at the same time, so the next match (which was always a needle match) was extremely hostile. The chants were homophobic, to say the least.

70 is no age, at all, nowadays.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
As a 7 year old who didn’t know much about football, he stood out for me in the ‘83 cup final as being one of ‘the others team’s’ best players. RIP

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He's one of the players I remember from when I first started following football and reading Shoot. He seemed to appear in the magazine and annual all the time.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
In the 1983 FA Cup Final he sliced a ball into the stands where I was sitting (having had a knee op after standing behind the goal on the previous Saturday). Everyone around me leapt up to get the ball, which then hit me in the face as I couldn’t get out of the way.
Unfortunately it wasn’t shown on TV due to bad camera angles.
Thanks for the memory Gordon 🤕😊

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
He's one of the players I remember from when I first started following football and reading Shoot. He seemed to appear in the magazine and annual all the time.
Exactly the same for me too! Funny isn’t it, what do kids do today without paper pullouts from such mags? Blue tac & Shoot Magazine (or Match, later), my bedroom wall was plastered with players from that era because of. RIP Gordon.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Exactly the same for me too! Funny isn’t it, what do kids do today without paper pullouts from such mags? Blue tac & Shoot Magazine (or Match, later), my bedroom wall was plastered with players from that era because of. RIP Gordon.
:thumbsup:

There seemed to be a number of players who appeared regularly, from memory: Mick Channon, Andy Gray, Gordon McQueen and Ray Clemence.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Oh gosh - RIP Gordon McQueen
A very memorable player for Leeds and Man Utd. And Scotland too
Very good player indeed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here