Gordon Brown & the Expenses Mole

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harley S

Aug 31, 2008
Just to show how Gordon Brown & most of the politicians are totally out of touch with the population of this great country.

From the BBC News website :

The newspaper says staff who worked in secrecy on MPs' receipts were guarded by servicemen on leave between tours.

They became angry after seeing MPs' lavish claims when soldiers had poor equipment, prompting a civil servant to leak the story, the paper says.

But Gordon Brown said he did not understand the motivation for the leak.

The unidentified mole is quoted as saying the soldiers' accounts of their poor equipment prompted him to leak the information.

Utter tosser !!

He should hang his head in shame rather than being over in the US receiving his " World Statesman " award for saving the world !!

:wanker::guns::hammer::dunce::wozza::shit:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
and I would imagine this is just the tip of the iceberg, I wonder what happens in the world of government procurement ... not just the beano's but the wasted money on projects that are started and take an age to complete and when completed are redundant technologically!

I expect we only know a tenth of the real waste to the taxpayer ... still must crack on money to earn, tax to pay!

Jan 15, 2004
I'm very good friends with people involved in this leak, they are thoroughly decent blokes who felt that this information should be out in the public domain.

I can't think for one minute why GB should wonder why this information came out, it's because the elected representatives of the population of the UK were ripping us all off and spending money that could have gone to help the armed forces, hospitals, education etc.

Yet another reason why this idiot shouldn't be in charge of this country

Last edited:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I agree, alas as soon as we shift one idiot another comes along, we will be saying similar things in 4 to 5 years time about the next incumbent.

We have a real issue with politicians in this country; the ones we really want to run the country are working in highly successful companies making good money, why would they want to change? This leaves a bunch of people who like the idea and status of being an MP but have little real world understanding and even less ability to bring about real change and spend our money wisely and help those who REALLY need support ...

Equally we don't attract the right leaders to the NHS and Education etc!

Massive generalization going on here but I do feel better for having said it ...

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I agree, alas as soon as we shift one idiot another comes along, we will be saying similar things in 4 to 5 years time about the next incumbent.

I'm not sure why everyone is acting surprised, every government for the last 400 years have been short changing the arm forces when it comes to pay, kit and care.
The equipment I was supplied with for my arctic survival training in the early eighties was crap. A Royal Marine Colour Sargeant took great delight in telling us just how shit our kit was and that we should nip down to Millets ( I sh*t you not) and buy thermals, gloves and a decent sleeping bag if we could afford it! The instructors on the course had more personnelly brought kit than issued kit.

The situation will not change one iota when the Tories get in because when it comes down to it there as bad as each other:tosser:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
alas as soon as we shift one idiot another comes along, we will be saying similar things in 4 to 5 years time about the next incumbent.

As the old saying goes: No matter who we vote for-the bloody government always gets in!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The situation will not change one iota when the Tories get in because when it comes down to it there as bad as each other:tosser:

Sadly, that is the truth-we're stuck with politicians running the country and they're all as useless/corrupt/megalomaniacal/money-grabbing (delete where applicable for you particular favourites) as each other.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Totally agree with the sentiments, but its not just Gordon Brown, its every politician. None of them even now really know why the public feel such anger over expenses. Remember that idiot Tory (name escapes me) who reckons that he was on rations!!

Similarly, the armed forces have always been short changed and toild to fight wars on the cheap. We shouldn't send our finest to fight wars unless they are correctly kitted out.

They need far far far better pay, far better equipment and better compo. Mps on the other hand need a lot lot less of everything, including less holidays.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
Totally agree with the sentiments, but its not just Gordon Brown, its every politician. None of them even now really know why the public feel such anger over expenses. Remember that idiot Tory (name escapes me) who reckons that he was on rations!!

Similarly, the armed forces have always been short changed and toild to fight wars on the cheap. We shouldn't send our finest to fight wars unless they are correctly kitted out.

They need far far far better pay, far better equipment and better compo. Mps on the other hand need a lot lot less of everything, including less holidays.

His name is Alan Duncan. This is a photo of him with his partner James.

Attachments

• alan duncan james dunseath.jpg
    alan duncan james dunseath.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 107

Err does that mean you WANT to pay EVEN MORE TAX.:eek:

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire

Err, no. But are you saying that we cant cut out waste from other areas of Govt and actually spend it where its needed. If this totally not possible, then perhaps cut out Trident and save £20bn on something that we will never use (or if we did then heaven help all of us) and perhaps spend it on conventional forces and kit that we continue to ask on time and time again.

Its called priorities.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
This kind od amazes me. At times there will always be things you see in your job that you dont agree with. Morally what you do is leave. If you stay and you then breach confidences then you are on pretty shaky ground.

Leaking it to the Telegraph was more of a political rather than a moral move. We can all remember the first story. was it the biggest offender? No it was the prime minister who was had up for employing a cleaner (or more over making use and paying for a cleaner he shared with his brother). It was neither illegal or immoral and certainly wasn't an unreasonable expense but it was the one they started with and they painted it as some underhand sleazy transaction. I also know for a fact that the Telegraph were given the full details of the contract and background for the cleaner and why it made financial sense to share a cleaner (so reducing the potential bill) but chose not to use that data.

I personally dont like Gordon Brown and feel very let down by him on a number of fronts, but he has my sympathy on this. The snouts have been in the trough for many years and the tory party were shown to be as bad as the rest but it is the prime minister who takes the blame and the abuse.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Scrap three things and there will be more than enough money to pay soldiers and co £40k each and equip them properly :

> Scrap Trident ( totally not needed )
> Scrap the ID Card ( totally not needed )
> Leave the EU. The money we pay to the EU each year would pay for a new hospital in every city in the UK and run it for five years.

No tax hikes required !

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
... but it is the prime minister who takes the blame and the abuse.

er, thats kinda the job. he's happy enough to claim to have saved the world economy by the mere fact of being in office at the time and responding to the event, he has to take the blame for shortcomings on his watch too.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
er, thats kinda the job. he's happy enough to claim to have saved the world economy by the mere fact of being in office at the time and responding to the event, he has to take the blame for shortcomings on his watch too.

i'm not saying it's wrong just that he has my sympathy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports