Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Google Nexus 7

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
had one only a week now and love it, am not able to afford the top end tablets and thought nexus would fit the bill, and it certainly has thus far

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Had mine a while and still finding it very useful and portable (I'm typing this on it in Turkey).
As for the slowing down, I get it occasionally but I use Advanced Task Killer to free up memory when it does.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
"Google Play Edition" actually. Both already released in the States.

I cant work out if there a difference between the "Play" edition and the type I read about here? http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/July2013/htc-one-google-edition-vs-samsung-galaxy-s4-google-edition.html.

I also read that the S/W is available if you know where to look, and you can install Google (Play) Edition onto other Android phones too. I take your point on them not being 'Nexus' and in all honesty, they are so expensive anyway, I'm not really sure what their market is. I was looking to upgrade my 3GS and couldn't really see myself affording an iPhone 5 hence looking at alternatives. Think I'll just save up for the 5.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
I've had Jelly Bean 4.3 pushed to my device this morning, it will be interesting to see if the slow running bug has been fixed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here