Google Earth - The Amex ...is it all a dream?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BearwoodSeagull

Feb 2, 2012
Chalkhouse Green, Oxon
This season, standing in our wonderful new home, sometimes it just all seems too good to be true. When I am there, I gaze around the place soaking up every drop of atmosphere and have to pinch myself that it is really happening.
As I live up in Oxfordshire, and can't easily get my Amex fix, I thought I'd check it out on Google Earth and drool at an aerial shot...but it's not there....not even an image from while it was being built....
Anyone out there connected with Google who can GET IT SORTED?

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
The images are a few years old for most places, my house still has my dad's old car outside, which he sold at least 3 years ago!

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
Speak to Bozza, he'll sort it out with Google. Failing that, he'll hire a plane/satellite and take the darn photos himself.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
They're not live satellite images, you know !

I had to explain this, in detail, to my other half when google streetview first went live.

She honestly thought that the pictures were live-ish, and kept asking me to check whether her colleagues' cars had arrived outside her workplace.

:facepalm:::ffsparr:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I had to explain this, in detail, to my other half when google streetview first went live.

She honestly thought that the pictures were live-ish, and kept asking me to check whether her colleagues' cars had arrived outside her workplace.

:facepalm:::ffsparr:

That's quite funny.

Just been to have a look at GE - first time for a long time - to see if I could tell from my house how old the images were, but I don't think they've changed since they were first put up, and I can only place it, from my house alone, anything from one year to four years old.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
That's quite funny.

Just been to have a look at GE - first time for a long time - to see if I could tell from my house how old the images were, but I don't think they've changed since they were first put up, and I can only place it, from my house alone, anything from one year to four years old.
Er, if you click on the little clock at the top it tells you the exact date the photos were taken. It also allows you to "go back in time".

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Here you go, Bearwood

Attachments

• ge1.JPG
    ge1.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 27
  • ge2.JPG
    ge2.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 24

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Er, if you click on the little clock at the top it tells you the exact date the photos were taken. It also allows you to "go back in time".

I said I hadn't used it for a long time. Looking closer, I don't see a clock, but it does have the image date in the US format 4/15/2007.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports