Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Goodbye Splash Mountain

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yesterday was the last ever run for this ride at the Magic Kindom in Disney World Florida before it is "re-imagined". A blow for those Disney lovers who love the nostalgic feel of it but I guess everything has to evolve. I pray Thunder Mountain doesn't go the same way.

Sad times.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Sad news. Last time I rode it, it was a terribly stormy day there (had a tornado warning pinged to our phones during our visit!) and when we finished the final plummet, there was some sort of issue holding up our raft, and we made incredibly slow progress, while it ABSOLUTELY hammered down. We started laughing at how awful it was and kept urging the raft to speed up (it even stopped a few times).

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Yesterday was the last ever run for this ride at the Magic Kindom in Disney World Florida before it is "re-imagined". A blow for those Disney lovers who love the nostalgic feel of it but I guess everything has to evolve. I pray Thunder Mountain doesn't go the same way.

Sad times.
No reason for Big Thunder to go the same way I don't think. Splash was based on the very very dubious Song of the South and it was time for it to go. Still one of my favourite rides there though. Hopefully the Tiana version will be as good - it'll be the same basic ride anyway.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As above, I'm sure it will essentially be the same ride but with a different theme.

I always liked Maelstrom in Epcot but, if I'm honest, I prefer it as Frozen Ever After.

Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is my favourite ride in all of the Orlando parks (although I may just favour GotG: Cosmic Rewind now). On the other coast at Disneyland, they "re-imagined" ToT as a Guardians of the Galaxy ride. I was sceptical ahead of my first ride there, but it's absolutely fantastic.

It's almost as if Disney's imagineers know what they're doing!

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
There’s one at Tokyo Disneyland if you really want your log flume ride with racist undertones fix.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
As above, I'm sure it will essentially be the same ride but with a different theme.

I always liked Maelstrom in Epcot but, if I'm honest, I prefer it as Frozen Ever After.

Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is my favourite ride in all of the Orlando parks (although I may just favour GotG: Cosmic Rewind now). On the other coast at Disneyland, they "re-imagined" ToT as a Guardians of the Galaxy ride. I was sceptical ahead of my first ride there, but it's absolutely fantastic.

It's almost as if Disney's imagineers know what they're doing!

That ride is mad. My legs were still wobbling 10 minutes later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here