Goodbye Gay!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Thank f*** for that. A keeper for Brighton called Gay would have been intolerable for him AND us.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the dream of having 'GAY' on the back of a goalkeepers shirt has ended then :(

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Is Yelldell still available?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Got to say I'm rather relieved. A mate of mine is a Dover fan, and they used to come up against Gay quite a bit. He'd get mountains of stick - and that's without his name on the back - and he'd react to it, which would encourage them all the more. If he was biting at wind-ups from a few hundred Dover fans behind the goal, I didn't fancy him to stay focussed at Elland Road.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe we are going to give one of our homebred young keepers a genuine chance for the 1st time ever?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'm glad we didn't sign him.The abuse he would of got might have affected him

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Maybe he should change his name by deed poll to 'Straight' and try again?

Maybe we are going to give one of our homebred young keepers a genuine chance for the 1st time ever?

I think we need a new keeper to come in who is at Michels level or just below him to shake things up. I saw John Sullivan play against Worthing in the Sussex Senior final, & i was standing behind the Worthing supporters end. Although he was playing against non-profesionals, I didn't think that he looked very confident against worthing, which in my opinion means that there is no way he is good enough to be FDM's No.2.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Maybe the club could quit disrespecting FDM and give him the No.1 squad number

Could it possibly be the boot is on the other foot? It was disrespect shown by FDM that resulted in giving him a different squad number? Pure speculation btw.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Could it possibly be the boot is on the other foot? It was disrespect shown by FDM that resulted in giving him a different squad number? Pure speculation btw.

I get the impression that Deano is as precious about players not giving enough respect to the club as some of us fans :bowdown:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
hence Bertin is out.

What about that young Palace goalie we had last season. He looked half-decent.

Got enough league experience here last season to be in the running to be one of Palace's two first team keepers I think

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
He's BOUND to play against us and have a blinder at some stage in the season! LOL

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports