Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goodbye and Thank you to Glenn Murray

08Albion

Dec 16, 2020
Thank you Glenn,

My daughter had a tricky start to life 3 years ago, and after a few months in neonatal intensive care was able to come home only to have to rush back in a few days later. Rather than the surroundings of the NICU that we had become used to, we were now admitted to the children’s hospital. As parents we were terrified and tempted to feel the world was against us. However, we found out that afternoon was the annual Christmas visit by a selection of Albion players and staff.
Of course I’m extremely aware that the visits are for the benefit of the children rather than parents(!), but as our daughter was only a few months old, he had to put up with chatting to me instead.
After a very quick chat about the Albion, he gave us a genuine handshake and best wishes, and gave our daughter a little tickle on her feet as he left. It was a moment that he wouldn’t remember but we won’t forget, and had a huge impact on my state of mind at the time.
A big reason that little one will be a big fan whether she likes it or not :)

So alongside the unbelievable footballing contribution, I will remember the quick glimpse that we got of the very genuine human being.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
What a legend - thanks Glenn. Never tire of watching those goals again but the flicked goal at home to Man U and the half volley away at Palace will live in the memory!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
A genuine club legend. Poyet letting him go to them was the worst bit of business in the history of our club imo, and we did some really bad business in the 80s! Set back our Prem arrival by 2-3 years imo and unfortunately accelerated Palaces significantly.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Just thought I'd check the BBC live text to see how he's doing with Knocky tonight. They won.

90' - Foul by Glenn Murray (Nottingham Forest).

89' - Attempt missed. Michael Rose (Coventry City) header from the centre of the box is high and wide to the left. Assisted by Gustavo Hamer with a cross following a set piece situation.

88' - Matty James (Coventry City) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

88' - Foul by Glenn Murray (Nottingham Forest).

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Gus Poyet's decision to replace Murray with CMS was the first sign that his managerial career was not going to be as successful as looked likely at the time.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Gus Poyet's decision to replace Murray with CMS was the first sign that his managerial career was not going to be as successful as looked likely at the time.

Wasn’t just GP mistake. The board and MD at the time Ken Brown also responsible. But GP certainly didn’t fight especially hard to keep him

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Just looked at match report from last night. Came on as sub in 76th minute and did four fouls in 14 minutes without getting booked. Sly old fox saw the game out for a 2-1 away win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here