Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good place to buy beer near Brighton

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
You could try Quaff - they have shops in Portland Road and Ditching Road - I don't know how price competitive they are but they usually stock a reasonable range of beers

this. they sell dark star from the barrel if I recall

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
£79, 36 pints, 6 week shelf life.

Yuk, that must be worse than going dry for January, what a thought, 3/4 of a pint of Harvey's a day for 6x weeks !!:facepalm:

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Not exactly supporting a local brewery, but Majestic seem to have upped their stock of ales / craft beers recently. Nothing too wild, but a few things to chose from.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Don't want to hijack the thread, but as it's on a similar theme, does anyone know of any off licences with a particularly good rum selection in B&H? Have been asked to get someone "a rum I haven't tried before" for Xmas and all the offies I've been in just had the same half a dozen common-as-muck bottles. I get the impression that since the 'craft beer' craze took off places are giving over so much of their shelf space to bottled beers (so they can boast of stocking over 150, 200 or whatever beers) that spirits are now largely ignored...
Butlers have a nice selection

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Don't want to hijack the thread, but as it's on a similar theme, does anyone know of any off licences with a particularly good rum selection in B&H? Have been asked to get someone "a rum I haven't tried before" for Xmas and all the offies I've been in just had the same half a dozen common-as-muck bottles. I get the impression that since the 'craft beer' craze took off places are giving over so much of their shelf space to bottled beers (so they can boast of stocking over 150, 200 or whatever beers) that spirits are now largely ignored...

Havana Club, (which is a Cuban obv.) produce above average rum.
3 year old - Light
5 year old - Medium
7 year old - Dark (don't add mixers to this one imho)

Quite easy to get hold of. Certainly Waitrose will stock it.

Last edited:

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Another option more on the craft beer side is Bison Beer in East Street. Usually 4 beers on tap including their own Seeside IPA. They sell their beer in growlers. 6 week shelf life due to the carbonation I believe. Also plenty of bottled beers too.

Jul 7, 2003
Trafalgar Wines is far better than Bison for bottles and cans. Much better range and cheaper although without the growler option.

Dark Star will usually have polypins etc available if you ring up (and their merchandise is good value for presents). My mates have also picked up from Arundel Brewery - they have a shop in the middle of the town. Firebird up at Rudgwick near Horsham also have a shop you can collect from.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Thanks for the advice everyone. In the end i went to Dark Star and bought 5 litre kegs of Revelation, Festival and Winter Meltdown. Already opened the WM, very nice, the others I'll take to the family gathering.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Picked up a decent range of beers I've largely heard of from Lidl. Included Shepherd Neame and Marstons - around £1.50 a go ...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Don't know if the offer is nationwide, but round here the Asda deal of 4 bottles for £5 includes some brilliant beers and stouts - strong stuff too!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don't know if the offer is nationwide, but round here the Asda deal of 4 bottles for £5 includes some brilliant beers and stouts - strong stuff too!

Is this what you've been drinking when you opine on here?

:smile:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thanks for the advice everyone. In the end i went to Dark Star and bought 5 litre kegs of Revelation, Festival and Winter Meltdown. Already opened the WM, very nice, the others I'll take to the family gathering.

Lucky sod, I'm off to a pub quiz tonight and the beer is SO crap there my only option is Stowford Press.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here